216 views
Verified Reviewer

I used to live near a Menards store and had purchased their Old Mill brand lined jeans and was very satisfied with them. I now live far from a store location but wanted additional pairs.

So I looked online and found the same manufacturer and style number product advertised on Menards website. So I ordered 2 pair of the same style number and size. Upon receipt, there was no manufacturer name or product tag anywhwere on the jeans, also the signature "M" stitching on the back pockets was missing. Additionally, they were not even made from the same materials and did not fit the same either.

One pair was over 3" to big while the other pair was about 2" too big. Upon reaching ut to the customer service department to arrange a return I was met with rude email responses and told that contrary to their posted returns policy I would be charged return/restocking fees. After going back and forth countless times with the customer service rep, and explaining how the product received was not as advertised, not made by the same mfg, not made from the same materials, and not the same fit or quality as those previously purchased from their store, or as advertised on their website...I was told that I recieved what I ordered, that it was a difference in manufacturing, and was no fault of theirs and I could either return them for a partial refund, or keep them.

This was like being told that the Pair of Nike shoes I ordered and received without the Nike name or Branded "Swoosh" on the product anywhwere was still a Nike product and was just a difference in mfg!!! Like receiving a pair of Levis or Wrangler jeans without the Levis/Wrangler tag or signature pocket stitching on them anywhere was still the same product...BOLOGNA!!!!

They are selling cheap knock-offs advertised as name brand products at name brand prices!!!

When asked to be passed up to a member of management, the CS reps' email tone changed and was then appeared as helpful...WRONG!!!!

I was misleadingly being appeased until I shipped the return back...then was basically told "Too Bad"!!!

I was charged over $24 to receive a falsely advertised product and to return it because I couldn't even wear them, and they were not what I had satisfactorily purchased previously!! Menards engages in unethical business practices and should be boycotted by all consumers so they receive their just deserves and go out of business!!!"

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Menards Cons: Products and customer service, Returns, Products.

Comments

#1821959

You won't find Old Mill clothing anywhere but Menards. Old Mill is a name Menards uses on clothing products they source from various suppliers.

Menards Reviews