5.3K views

Do not deliver for menards they will ruin your life. Menards will make you buy their trucks the masterlift 5000.

They will make you go past your hours of service each and everyday and when you are at a delivery and there is nowhere to unload they will threaten to pull the contract. The masterlift 5000 is junk these trucks run so hard seven days a week that they break down all the time. You are expected to be there seven days a week and there is nothing in the CONTRACT that says you will deliver seven days a week. They will break the contract everyday that you are there and treat you like you are an employee.

I guess menards is not smart enough to run their own delivery service. The ad says "Be Your Own Boss" "This could be your opportunity of a lifetime".

Its ***!

Review about: Menards Delivery Service.

Comments

You have to know what you are getting into if you want to deliver for Menards. How many other delivery services work out of the store?

Will you have anyone else driving for you? They expect to have deliveries made anytime the store is open. If you are the only service driving for the store with a cube van for example, you truck needs to be available from open to close. If you don't have any employees, count on long days yourself.

They will expect you to deliver in all types of weather. Their business is heavier in some parts of the year than others. At times you may only have a few deliveries in a day, others you will be booked solid from open to close. In a high volume store with multiple services running you can make a good living without killing yourself working 365 days a year.

Smaller stores with 1 van and one flatbed you may find it hard to make ends meet in the winter and drive like crazy in the summer.

Talk to the delivery services working at the store before signing a contract. Knowing what to expect will go a long way in determining how successful your service will be.

I was not profiting at all, I told them I will no longer make any deliveries for them and they held my pay. Not a good business to deliver for

You are a Peter sucker, I've worked there five years and I know my contract very well. The contract is set up for Menards and for Menards only.

You are a fool to continue working there. You will lose money eventually because it is set up for Menards to make money not you.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #785370

this guy is obviously not a business man. it is not menards fault that he doesn't take care of his truck etc.

to stud Chicago, Illinois, United States #966036

This guy isn't complaining about taking care of his truck. He is complaining about the type of truck menards MAKES you buy from them. Its I piece of junk.

Q:If this delivery "business" is "profitable", why are there no Menards employed drivers?

A:They overbook all drivers. Customers get very angry. Stores blame drivers and their companies. Problem solved. Menards passed the blame.

Menards delivery was the best decision I have made. I have been able to build my business by working with the General Manager.

They have always treated me fair as long as I take care of the customer.

Keep in mind...You are running a business!! I don't think you understand that running a business means that you are going to have to put in some long days.

Sounds like you guys are used to a desk job and not actually working. Menards has been a great company to work for...just take care of the customer and you'll be fine!

to Super Trucker #1032303

You are full of ***, they are the worst to work for...

to Super Trucker #1502552

You must be a company man, passing off your review to up the ratings...

Chicago, Illinois, United States #664266

The Menards trucking gigs are horrible. They expect 100 hours per week and no days off ever.

They are relentless. They will also steal from every check they send you.

They have absolutely never paid what I invoiced them. They will send me on a delivery and when I invoice for it they will tell me they have already paid me for it or that I didn't make the delivery, so, no pay.

I worked for them and its just there way of making money...

I have a question for those of you who deliver for Menards. I purchased a washer and dryer.

I live 9 miles from the store...alll major roads... I had to pay extra to have my purchase delivered because they said they have to use the route and mileage that their computer suggests. Problem is, that route takes you four miles too far east and right back four miles. That makes the mileage 18 miles and therefore more cost.

Does anyone ever get their purchase delivered to "zone A?" IF you drive in circles enough you can make anyone not qualify for the $39.95 delivery.

Any comments? Does this happen all the time?

to Susan #789087

Yeah so many miles are calculated in zones so if you live 1 mile or 10 what ever the charge is for that zone, you will be charged for it.

to Susan #1413761

I’ve walked the walk.

Insanely ruthless company!!

Sorry to hear about the sillyness of computer miles, but it’s true, you really have to understand the system to manipulate the miles.

The thing of it is.. why would you think somebody would ever care at a box store?

Yes they could change it, no coordinator didn’t care.

Their system took me down two trackers, “dirt trails” to save customer a zone, opposite of your situation.

it was an easy fix for you, walk out, demand better service. I’m curious if the miles would have been the opposite, would you have spoke up?

whipaturd

Mentards is smart enough to run their own delivery service, however it is more lucrative to farm it out to unsuspecting individuals. The real fun starts when you've had enough, and you give them 60 days notice, that's when you see how midieval they can get.

I was fortunate in finding an individual from another state that wished to deliver for them. I'm just glad to be done with the whole mess.

Yep, I usually blast the people on here that complain about us...but I feel for you. You're right.

Look at all the turnover for the company, especially for delivery services. I feel for you man, sorry you got sucked in the trap, I really hope your future endeavors work out well for you!

I am almost on my 4th year of delivering for Menards. Right in the contract it says we deliver when they are open and when the guest requests it.

That means after 6 pm on a sunday if requested. It sucks, but you signed the contract so do it. As for hours of service, if you are working that much, then hire a helper. If you are working over 70 hours a week, you can afford to hire another guy to run the truck.

I have had many guys work for me in three years. If they don't work out, I find someone else. Don't make it out to be so bad.

Menards Corporate calls me to help get nearby stores delivery services started. Its all about your attitude and how you work with your store managers.

to Still Delivering #1032311

You must be a corporate office worker, because everything everybody is saying about the way the trucking industry is run at Menards is 100% true. If you are considering trucking for them run run run

to Still Delivering #1564168

I agree been delivering for 4 year also this year I bought another truck and contracted with another store pay my driver 20 an hour. I’ve delivered for many stores and the gm and deliver Cordinator makes the difference.

Long hours during the summer short during the winter. During winter if I need more money I deliver for other stores.

Never worked a Sunday I know Menards can’t find delivery drivers use that against them they know not every won can just by a truck. Also if they lose there hauler they lose there vacations and have to work every weekend till they find a new hauler