Menards Menards Menards - Only stay away.

Menards has sold me a defective Snow blower. When I went to return it right away, they would not take it back. It was a display item. I brought it home put some gas in it and tried to see how it works. It did not start but now that I put gas in it. Menards will not take it back.

Sometimes you would wonder how business run away with customers money. This is one case.

My advise STAY AWAY from Menards even if it costs you a bit more to go somewhere else.

Comments

Maybe we can sue Menards. It's false advertising. We will tell the Judge Menards claims "Save Big Money at Menards"But we lost big money at Menards

Glad i read this Just returned a defective lawn mower to meijer. gas is leaking all over there store all the women were complaining but they gave me my money back.

gas was pouring right out of the carburetor of that thing. Where can I buy a good walk behind for $250 bucks?

I did not dump anything where it wasn't supposed to be and using someones careless actions to make ME look bad when I wasn't the one doing it is just ridiculous. If this person with the snow blower chose not to take advantage of the warranty program and then decided to not read up on the policies listed ON THEIR RECEIPT then I do NOT feel sorry for them.

I can't even keep track of how many people have come into the place I work where I've caught them ripping us off. I've seen everything from water inside paint cans, super glued boxes with rocks and plastic bags inside, to missing parts and SO much more.

Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India #179386

"whatajoke" is a true representation of Menards. You can compare Menards owners/management bunch of thugs.

They try to sell goods on lower price. But these are mostly piece of junks which should be in a junk yard.

WHATAJOKE- but it's ok for Menards to dump whatever they want, wherever they want and not get arrested?

This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.

And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before.

Actually, Menards does take back the product within 30 days, just as it says ON THE BOTTOM OF THE RECEIPT. They won't take it back WITH GAS IN IT, for obvious reasons.

Please quit *** and learn how to read.

Oh, and to those of you who wanna be smart *** and dump the gas in the parking lot, I really hope you get arrested. :)

Written by Adam, on 18-04-2010 00:22

The rope on my *** chainsaw pulled out of the recoil before the *** thing even started the first time. The bar oil continually ran even when not using the saw. The motor seized after just hours. I was so pissed for not shopping at Fleet-Farm. I knew better, but working for Menards it was convenient to shop there too. My junk tool box came with an unusual feature also... two HUGE tine creases on the backside. *** Menards. Junk junk junk. You could at least buy something that works at a garage sale.

--------------------------------------------

The bar oil is running out because you overfilled it and it seized up because you put the wrong gas/oil mix in it. So no Menards will not return something you broke.

Fountain Hills, Arizona, United States #141232

I have to agree as I was not aware of this policy either. I picked up a Yard Machine string trimmer and the pull cord would not retract on the second use.

A quick fix, but I do not want to deal with this hassle if it breaks this quickly. I was told I would not be able to return it; however the manager gave the ok and issued the refund.

two HUGE tine creases on the backside. *** Menards.

Junk junk junk. You could at least buy something that works at a garage sale.

Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India #122138

To Menards#1, you are very dumb. I question your cabability to work in another retailer other than Menards...

Point is simple, in case you have to return any gas powered item, like snow blower or lawn mower, do not buy it from Menards, they will not take it back, even if they sell you a defective one. Other retailers take it back within 30 days unless you purposefully damage the item (which would be obvious).

#122059

Who know what you did to the snowblower in the first place you could have put bad gas in it or the wrong gas people are idiots and Menards does not make the product and does not warranty them the manufacture does if they returned every thing when you idiots said there was something wrong with it then there would be not point in selling any thing and as far as it all being junk MTD is a very good company and make a lot of equipment that other stores carry sears HD Lowes they just put there name on it so get some sense and grow up nothing is perfect

Gilbert, Arizona, United States #118730

Home Depot, ACE, Lowes all take the item back if you return within 30 days regardless if you use it or not.

Menards does not not for snow thrower/blower, lawn mower or any gas powered item (if you put gas in it). It's their policy.

So think before you purchase it from Menards.

I bought a rideing lawnmower from home depot it stoped running 2nd time i used it they would not take it back. i called ryobi and they stoped making rideing lawn mowers 7 years befor i bought it. I now shop at Menards and nerer had a problem

I purchased a MTD snow blower from Menards within the last 2 months. It had a flat tire when I opened the box.

I had my nephew pump up the tire but next time I went to use it the tire was flat. Also, I was unable to start the blower the second time I went to use it so I contacted Menards and wanted to return the item. First the sales person said I should have returned the blower right away when I noticed the tire was flat. I had to make special arrangements to have someone pick the blower up initially, so now I was supposed to try to find someone to return it because they sold me a defective unit?

They stated they could not accept my return because I had put gas in it. They gave me the name of my local repair center. It will cost me $40.00 just to have the repair center pick up and deliver the blower. I have been waiting 7 weeks to get my snow blower back from the repair center.

The repair center fixed the issue with the blower not starting, but they are still waiting for the replacment tire they ordered. The first replacement tire sent was the wrong color so they had to send it back and order another replacement. I have had to pay to have someone come and plow my driveway because my snow blower is still at the repair center after 7 weeks. I will never make any large purchases from Menards again.

So, when I buy my new washer and dryer next year or my new lawn mower or when I have to order materials for my new roof it will not come from Menards. I also spoke with the manager from Menards about these issues and he was absolutely no help.

never buy anything gas powered from anyone but a service dealer

" Written by Brandon, on 28-01-2010 02:01

Ok fools, I work at Menards ..."

Any other questions on how customers are treated at Menards?

Menards is a horrible store. I am a former employee of Menards.

They sell the biggest pieces of *** for gas powered products known to mankind. Yard Man/Yard Machines are all MTD and MTD is garbage. They are cheaply made products. Variable belt drive trains, flimsy decks, worthless engines.

FYI: Just because it has a Briggs and Stratton engine doesn't mean it's a good engine. Menards is a store to avoid.

Look at their tool selection. They are Tiawanese junk.

display items are usually "as is" meaning, not returnable, next time request they start it at the store, and if they refuse go buy one in a box. At least then you can harass the manufacturer.

And read the manual! Not everything is ready to go out of the box.