56 views
Verified Reviewer

I stopped Menards 3 days ago without a mask and no issues. I cannot wear one due to a respitory disease, anxiety and PTSD.

Yesterday I went into the store and was almost completed with my shopping when approaced by 2 empliyees stating I had to put on a mask ir leave. I said I coudnt wear one and showed them 2 inhalers that I must carry. I also stated that I have a letter from my doctor and his name stating I am unable to wear a mask. One of the employees radioed other saying"We have a lady refusing to wear a mask" 3 other employees showed up, and they all surrounded me like I was a criminal and no they were not 6 foot apart.

I started walking towards the door and they continued to escort me through a large crowd of people which was extremely embarrassing. Yes I verbally protested but was not cursing or violent in any way. I informed them that they were in violation of my rights. I also have other disabilities that are made worse by stress.

They were very rude and said it didn't matter. I will never stop there again! A person with any disabilities should not be discriminated against or treated like this!

I have always shopped at Menards. I ended up going to Lowes which had no issues with me not wearing a mask!

Preferred solution: Stop Discriminating against peiple that can't wear a mask!.

Menards Cons: Poor communication.

Location: 1425 Ety Pointe Dr Nw, Lancaster, OH 43130

Comments

#1904199

It's not like they don't have signs as you enter the store telling you that you have to wear a mask. Anyone including you that isn't wearing a mask is more likely to spread the virus to their employees and other customers. If you don't want to wear a mask that's fine, just stay out of stores that require them.

#1904222
@PissedConsumer1904199

Its not a matter of not wanting to wearing a mask! It's a health issue to wear one for some people.

Its against thr law for them to drmand you wear one and deny you service if you have a disability! Masks don't stop covid anyway!

#1904336
@PissedConsumer1904222

I think you might want to look into your interpretation of the law. Stores are on firm ground keeping people without masks out of their stores at this time. If you don't want to wear a mask shop on-line and have your products delivered.

#1904368
@PissedConsumer1904336

I think you might look into it. I've done my research!

#1904995
@PissedConsumer1904336

According to the state mandate it clearly says that certain peiple are exempt from wearing a mask.

Menards Reviews