87 views
Verified Reviewer

Shopped for the first time at Menards in Grimes. Was shocked to find out a military discount was no longer offered! I will no longer shop in Menards, as Lowes and Home Depot both offer a Military discount.

User's recommendation: Shop at Home Depot it Lowes.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Comments

I've worked for Menards over 25 years. They never did offer a military discount so I don't understand how you could think they discontinued one.

Menards believes every one deserves an honest price. Is it really fair to give a Veteran a discount and not a first responder, teacher, medical professional and on and on?

@PissedConsumer1858163

One more reason not to shop there

I served my country for 26 years by serving in the Army. A miserly 10% off is a small gesture of appreciation for my sacrifice.

@Robin B

You didn't join the military for a 10% discount. My Dad was in the Navy.

My uncle died in the Vietnam war. My Grandpa was in WWII along side his brother. They both lived to the age of 93 and 94, they both think veterans going on the internet crying about a 10% discount are a disgrace to other veterans. You're not a veteran if you walk around with a chip on your shoulder demanding discounts and respect.

You're simply an entitled jerk. No one asked you to join the military. You chose to be in the Military for a career! Did your recruitment officer say hey and you will get 10% discounts for the rest of your life at all establishments?

Nope! I've asked many military people about your type, they all respond the same DISGRACE.

@MrSharkNasty

I served my country and I am proud of my service. No need to call me names, and thank your relatives and military friends for their sacrifices.

Another person thinks the world owes them everything

Menards Reviews