Chesterfield, Missouri
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Menard's store employees are nice people at our Manchester, MO store, but the Customer Service people are awful to disabled customers. The "policy" for a long time was to have only one assistance cart in the store; now there are two, but it's a huge store serving a huge population and it's rarely possible to get one.

If you ask at the CS desk for any assistance -- like, could someone get me something within the store and let me pay for it here so I don't have to limp the store with my walker, it's no way! Today, for two products stored NEXT to the CS counter, total less than $20, I was told I'd have to get in line like every other customer. Two employees, no other customer at the counter, product right there!

No. I'm 73, white-haired, and leaning on a walker on one leg.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Reason of review: refusal of perfectly reasonable request for disabled customer.

Menards Pros: Products i buy.

Menards Cons: No help for disabled customer.

Comments

Regarding the motorized carts...

According to the ADA, any business has to be handicapped accessible, but their being handicapped accessible does not equal providing motorized carts. As long as the handicapped customer is able to enter the place of business, then that business is ADA compliant.

Motorized carts are provided as a courtesy.

The ADA does not require any business to provide motorized carts.

The best thing any handicapped person can do is to talk to their doctor or healthcare provider regarding their getting a motorized cart.

MrSharkNasty

My grandpa is 90 years old and walks to the grocery store and back totaling 3 miles, he does this a couple times a week. If you need a motorized cart that badly purchase one for yourself.

I have no respect for people who go poor me and do nothing about it.

Start exercising, improve your ability. Being disabled is a state of mind nothing more.

I think you are the type of person Gates and everyone else had in mind when they were working so hard to change the world. You would greatly benefit to take advantage of such amenities.