86 views
Verified Reviewer

Hi,

I would like to see a copy of the video from the Mt. Prospect, IL Menards location where my daughter cut her 2 fingers on the shopping cart.

The store manager at the time of incident filled out the incident report in full before I even got back from the Emergency Room. The claim, of course, through Gallagher Bassett Services is now being denied and will not release the video or give me any further information. I find it very hard to believe that Menards will not cover an incident that the store manager, Sarah Jimenez, fully admitted at the time happened. There was blood on the floor next to the cart where it happened and I do have my son to corroborate what happened with my daughter.

We also have our contractor who was with us at the time as well to confirm this incident happened and she was indeed cut by the cart. You could see the blood dripping all the way to the front of the store. The claim number is #006000-09****-GB01.

I really didn't want this to get ugly and involve lawyers but if we need to then we will.

Thankfully her fingers have mended so all we're looking for is coverage of the bills for the ER and 1 follow up doctor appointment (48 hours after incident as required by the ER doctor). I would think that it would be in Menards best interest to resolve this issue quickly and calmly so I can tell all my family and friends how great Menards is versus how awful they treat their customers.

Please contact me as soon as possible to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

User's recommendation: Not a kid friendly store.

Preferred solution: cover medical bills of ER and 1 doctor follow up visit.

Menards Cons: Hanging up on customers, No attempt to make it right, Willing to make their problem look like your fault, Abuse of power.

Location: 740 E Rand Rd, Mount Prospect, IL 60056

Comments

You are correct. Home centers and lumber yards are full of things that can be dangerous for children.

It would be best if at all possible to leave children at home when shopping in these types of stores. As a former employee it always amazed me that parents were willing to let their children run around and play hide and seek in and around the stock of windows.

Saw more than one knocked over. It's rather surprising more children don't get hurt.

@PissedConsumer1856267

We had to meet our contractor there to pick out and order decking and siding material. During this Covid-19 pandemic there is no one we can leave our children with. The problem is now they are denying that the incident even happened and will not release the video or any other information to us without lawyering up.

@Mary J

I thought Menards wasn’t allowing children under 16 to enter the store during the pandemic.

@PissedConsumer1856488

Mt. Prospect didn't have that rule in place until just a week ago. Back in March it was business as usual with no social distancing marks or limited entry at all.

Menards Reviews