1.6
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Purchased an oak board 1x20x3' when I got home noticed a crack that was behind the large product label.Took it back and for one was told they would have me a new one in 10 business days.

(Well that was done wrong so they have no idea when I will get my board). I have been sent emails twice now that the board is in stock. Well the cracked one I returned is still in stock with the other cracked boards. Menards just keeps restocking them figuring some rube will come in buy it and just not return it.

I have told them about this twice since I have gotten the emails about this and still nothing. Hopefully in about a month my board will be in. Just because I wasted two trips to the store because the emailed me it was in and if I dont pick it up they will refund and charge 10% restocking fee.

What a racket!Just want people to know that items that are returned to Menards will be put back on shelves, SO BUYER BEWARE!

Review about: Appearance Board.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Not being able to talk to person in charge.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

Expecting anything not man made to be perfect is an unrealistic expectation. Most wood workers know this. You must be the nube.

Mansfield, Ohio, United States #1311187

Lumber splits as it dries, that is perfectly normal. They are not going to throw out every piece of lumber with a split. Most people buying that wide of a board are going to be ripping it up, so there will be some waste anyway, you just plan your cuts to avoid the split; no big deal, definitely not worth making a scene over.

to hi your dumb Freeport, Illinois, United States #1315001

You people must have unlimited funds.I dont.

when a product is defective it should be replaced, regardless of whether wood splits or not. All wood workers know wood is not perfect, but to be called to a store twice because stores are hoping rubes like you buy it and just accept it as it, is just down right wrong.

also to be called to the store twice while they just restock damaged goods is wrong also.I wish I could sell rubes like you faulty items what you wouldnt think of returning.

to Ted Rinehart Lucas, Ohio, United States #1322756

You my friend are the reason retail workers of all kinds absolutely hate their jobs.Do you honestly think that when a professional buys a unit of lumber they expect every piece to be completely perfect?

Wood comes from trees, trees grow in the woods, natural products are not perfect, buy plastic if thats what you want.

You are also probably the *** that tears up an entire bunk of #2 2x4s looking for the ones with no knots or wane.