54 views
Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.5

To whom it may concern; I had ordered (2) Velux C06 Skylights online from Menards on June 5, 2020, for a project that my company Reliable Exteriors, Inc. installed today.

Upon centering them over the hole and installing them, we noticed that the inside exposed wood frames on both skylights had been damaged. When we checked the boxes that they came in, we noticed that the boxes had been taped over the damaged areas using shipping tape prior to us picking them up. (I have pictures) We install several roofs per day, and we could not wait for this to be resolved by Menards, so we had to purchase new skylights from a nearby supply house in order to finish the job, satisfy our client and move on to the next roofing project.

I added the skylights to our final load of the day inside the dump trailer, because we don't have time to return them or have to deal with the new in-store employees again. Thank you.

User's recommendation: Don’t order online. Go into the physical store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Velux Fixed Skylight Window.

Menards Pros: Conveniently located.

Menards Cons: Online system failure.

Location: 290 N Bolingbrook Dr, Bolingbrook, IL 60440

Comments

Why on earth would they give you a refund for something you threw away and aren't going to return? Why didn't someone question the damaged boxes when you got them and why wouldn't someone have looked at them before they got to the roof? I'm not implying that they shouldn't have been in good shape when you got them but someone should have questioned their condition earlier.

Menards Reviews