67 views
Verified Reviewer

I came to store 3120 in Dolton on 10/15/2020 to purchase 30 bags 40lb. of Morton softener pellets sku 188020.

I have done this for more than 10 years at this location 4 times per year. Today I came in at about 2pm and went to the service desk as I have done many times before and asked for a invoice for 30 bags and I handed the service representative the print out I copied on-line with the sku so there would be no confusion. The service desk was not crowded in fact I was the only one there. The rep.

Jackie told me to go to the building dept in the rear of the store for the invoice. I told her I had been able to get a invoice in the front of the store for years. I asked her when did this change. She said she didn't know how to do it.

I went to the next rep. and asked her for the invoice but all three of the reps had just witnessed what she said so they followed her lead and said I had to go to the back of the store. I went to the back of the store to the lumber dept. and got the invoice.

I asked if this could have been done at the service desk and they said yes. I went to the front of the store and asked for a Manager. Jackie got him but it took a long time for this to happen. I explained everything that happened to David Chaparro.

He told me he needed to hear her side of this. I could see how uninterested he was so I said to him I can see you are not going to do anything about this. He also said I will not fire her for this. I told him that is not why I brought you into this.

This should not be how you treat your customers and then he admitted the invoice should have been issued at the service desk. I told him I know you don't intend to do anything about this because you never even ask for my name of contact information. This shows me you never intended to make this right. I did not even mention firing anyone I just want them to treat the customer better than that.

This was so out of the ordinary. I have been shopping at Menards for more than 30 years. I was shocked by the initial encounter and then the Manager not being concerned at all was too much.

By the was I am 68 years old and disabled I had a back brace on that was apparent so sending me around the store was a hardship for me. I just want someone to make this right.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Managers are horrible know nothing do nothing never around.

Location: 14975 Lincoln Avenue, Dolton, IL 60419

Comments

#1938745

Open your own store.

#1938345

The service desk at the front of the store is set up for processing returns. They aren't staffed nor have enough terminals to handle sales of products throughout the store.

Just imagine the lines if everyone just stopped inside the front door to both place orders and process returns. There is a good reason to send you to a sales desk to have your order printed.

#1939793
@PissedConsumer1938345

I said I was the only customer to begin with at the service desk. There were 3 other clerks just watching this.

The store manager told me this was supposed to be handled up front and I had been doing just that for over 10 years. One more thing I mentioned is I am handicapped.

My store would never treat a customer the way I was treated. I do have my own business and I treat people with respect.

Menards Reviews