65 views
Verified Reviewer

I went into one of your stores to pick up an item that was "in stock" it wasnt. I asked if I could buy the desplay one.

Thinking in would get it cheaper. The manager after taking it down told me. They could not discount the price.

What store doesnt discount the price of a desplay model? I will be going to other places and never shopping at menards again!

User's recommendation: Dont bother buying from these stores.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Menards Pros: Rebates.

Menards Cons: Rude employees, No customer service, Wont give discounts.

Location: 521 East North Avenue, Glendale Heights, IL 60139

Comments

#1959803

They didn't pay any less for the item they have on the display than one on the shelf. Not only that, they will have to pay someone to put out a new display and potentially loose additional sales from people that may have ordered the item if they had seen the display. Consider yourself fortunate that they were willing to sell the display at all.

#1959894
@PissedConsumer1959803

Why should you be entitled to pay less than full price for an item just because its been on display over a year, handled by countless strangers loaded with germs and greasy palms, moved many times and scratched and dented???? Do you think a car dealer gives a discount on a car just because it was on the showroom.

5 months then test driven around the block by 100 different people???? The car should be sold 100% MSRP regardless of the stained upholstery, scratches broken cup holders, fingerprints galore, and 500 miles on the odometer.

I as a menards employee am sick of customers asking for discounts just because an item is damaged or missing parts. I do all I can to ensure Mr menards gets every penny he deserves.

#1959264

What is a desplay model?

#1959805
@PissedConsumer1959264

Sorry the let me clarify the display on the wall.

Menards Reviews