Whitehall, Michigan

Muskegon, MI store:

On Spetember 4, 2015 at approx. 11:00 AM I attempted to return some excess goods I purchased in August 2015.

My understanding was that, when purchased on a Menards card, that the purchase could be tracked electronically and I would not be required to present the receipt. The rude customer service woman directed me to a kiosk so I could find and print my own receipt. Why one of the three women standing behind the counter doing nothing couldn't do this is unknown to me. The kiosk would not recognize the SKU number.

After dinking around with this for quite some time and watching the workers waste time, I looked for the store manager who was not available.

I have been a good customer for this store but I don't need them- we have a Home Depot and Lowes. Apparently, they don't need customers either.

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Customer Care.

Reason of review: you don't care so don't bother contacting me..

Menards Cons: Treatment.

Comments

Returns are a privilege not a right. No sympathy. All you do is swipe and select your receipt and then bring your receipt to one of the people at the service desk.

U push two buttons and swipe your card welcome to technology. Just another lazy American who needs mommy to hold there hand.

You bought it. You keep track of the receipt.

It's as simple as that.

I've used that kiosk multiple times if I lost the receipt and it's so easy to figure out. Get over yourself.

The easy solution to this problem would have been to have your receipts with you when you made the return. Don't expect stores to keep your records for you.

The do offer the kiosk as a way YOU can look up the receipts YOU couldn't keep track of as long as the purchase was made with a credit or debit card. They could go back to not having the kiosk and your return would be handled as a no receipt return in which case the best you would get is a merchandise credit for the lowest sale price if they took it back at all.

Grow up, act like an adult and take responsibility for your own record keeping. You shouldn't expect their employees to act like your mom and solve all your problems for you.

It's a self serve kiosk....you do understand what self serve means,no?

@Anonymous

Self service in a polite way of saying no service. Why should staff be interrupted. In social discussions just so they can refund your lazy disorganized ***

Go to lowes!!!!