Appleton, Wisconsin

I rented a tile saw today from the Appleton East Menards. Although we got it to work, it was in poor condition and the blade barely functional.

It was due back at 4:30 which was about the time we were hit with a bad thunderstorm - trees down in our neighborhood, etc. When the weather cleared, I returned it to the store. They charged me for keeping it past the return time. Really???

Every time I have to deal with their customer service I leave angry. They really need to learn from home improvement stores that are superior to them, like Lowes.

Preferred solution: revamp your customer service department!! Educate them on being friendlier, easier to work with. Is the $6.30 worth *** off your guests? How about smiling once in a while?.

Menards Cons: Customer sevice, Return policy.

Comments

So if you have to be at work at 8 am and you don't get there till noon but it's raining and trees and a rainbow does your boss still pay you from 8 am ?? Grow up!

MrSharkNasty
#1020346

You failed to make the agreed deadline. Had Menards agreed to delivered you something by a certain time and did not make that time would you be accepting of that?

I highly doubt it. You would want a discount and stomp your feet like a child until you got your way. Menards must stick to the time frame if they want to be equal to all guest. Consumers must stick to the time frame because they would expect Menards to stick to the time frame.

Consumers must understand they're dealing with people and treat them like people.

Consumers need to wake up and realize a big box store like Lowes or Home Depot are exactly like Menards, trust me they are!

#1019761

90% of big box stores have the same polices as well as in 99% of them the person that you see never makes those said polices.