1.3

Our journey with Menards and Midwest Manufacturing regarding the kitchen countertop we ordered in November.It arrived in mid December and installed by our contractor Dec 20th.

However the cutout for the gas stove top was not according to template instructions and this was not discovered until all the existing countertops were removed, water pipe connects undone, gas connection to stove etc shut off and such a mess in the house. Countertops were then retrieved from the garbage dump and pieced together, and everything made serviceable after waiting another 24 hours. A waste of time, resources and contractor $$$$What should have been a one day install has now taken three days. I am just now finding out that both companies are intertwined.

No one at either company truly wants to help sort out the issue. Best to work with Home Depot. . We filed a complaint and 40 days later this is our response.

No more business from us at Menards and Midwest Manufacturing. I apologize for the delay in response. Your claim was sent to the countertops plant to review and received a response late last week. A letter was to be written today, in fact.

However, since I have your email, I will just send the correspondence this way instead. According to our records, a replacement countertop was ordered on December 20, 2016 under Special Order Contract number HLND30157763 (and received at the Menards store on December 28). The warranty covers the replacement of defective parts. The warranty does not cover the refund of the purchase price, monetary compensation, labor charges, travel expenses, or finishing expenses.

Since the countertop was replaced, we would be unable to offer any compensation in this matter.Thank you, Louise Fox Midwest Manufacturing

Review about: Midwest Manufacturing Countertop.

Reason of review: Inferior cut to template increased my install costs 2 xtra days.

Preferred solution: credit towards future purchase (not Midwest Manufact products).

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

#1282020

Shouldn't have approved the template.Shouldn't have destroyed your home before inspecting the countertop.

*** should've looked at it at the store before you left.

Maybe hired a competent contractor?Grow up kid.

to Anonymous Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1311662

really! wait till you have a problem.. what a jack *** you are!!