Forsyth, Illinois
2.4

I ordered a countertop from Menards. Everything went o.k. until my installer tried to put in the sink and it didn't fit. I compared the countertop with the template and the opening for the sink was cut 2 inches too long on the back side. When I contacted Menard's they said I would have to prove it was wrong and then reorder it. It would only take a few days. It has been a week and I am still waiting. Meanwhile my installer cannot exchange the counter for another week.

Not only do I have no water, disposal or sink in the kitchen but I have to pay the installer to do the work again!. No adjustments have been made and I was told I have to submit a complaint form they were going to send me. Have not received that either. How could such a simple thing turn into a nightmare?

I live on the other side of town and so far I have made 3 trips to Menards and will have to make at least 2 more just because someone didn't do their job.

I contacted the company that made the countertop and they wouldn't do anything either.

Project is now on hold until my installer can find the time to take the bad one out, take it to Menard's and install the new one.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Menards Pros: Prices.

Menards Cons: Poor customer service, Response of corporate management, Refund policy, Response of local management.

Comments

Anybody that has done any amount of remodeling knows mistakes happen. As should a good installer.

A good installer would have checked the measurements on the top to be sure everything was correct before they tore out your old top.

Yes, Menards countertop supplier made a mistake but if your installer had checked the top before they tore your old top and sink out you wouldn't be working in a kitchen without a sink nor as large a labor bill. Your installer is partially to blame for your problems as well.