Valparaiso, Indiana

Went to menards to buy a wheelbarrel for my dad who needed it the same day...They had one on top and I asked if I could get that one for him being its already put together. I was told no, that those are for display only.

I would have to get the ones that needed to be assembled. I offered to pay an extra $10.00 for it done, So instead of $79.00 I'd pay $89.00. I was told they could not do that.

Thank you menards... I went to big R afterwards , they sold me the very same wheelbarrel assembled for my 65 year old dad for $59.00..

Comments

MenardsLifer

They cannot sell them because it's a liability issue if it breaks and hurts you or your father or whoever.

Menards has not offered already assembled grills/wheelbarrow etc. for 10+ years....they do not have enough time/manpower to offer this. If you are not competent enough to put these simple items together, I suggest you go to Lowes or HD and pay a lot more for a similar item.

"Also when I was at the lowes store I saw a gentleman I recognized as a menards employee trying to buy a pallet of garden supplies that were on closeout. when i said "hey you work next door" his face turned bright red."

So what?

Menards had better prices in season, so Lowes had leftover and had to do a closeout.

If you work at a store you know the prices, and he could have been there for some other reason like a product M doesnt sell and seen a great deal.

But a whole pallet of garden supplies? Your story sounds fishy

It takes less than one hour to put one together. Ur probably mad cause your too dumb to put it together yourself.

I shop at Terre Haute Indiana menards and I never have trouble. Sure some employees are unhelpful but you have that at every business.

Some of us DIY ers do it ourselves. After all it is a DIY home improvement store.

No reason you can't put it together yourself. Employees at the store are told to tell you no.

It's a company wide policy. Don't be mad at them saying no to you. Several reasons they will not assemble stuff for you. One of those reasons being liability if put together incorrectly.

If this really is a issue for you contact the corporate office. However, at the end of the day it's just laziness on your part.

this shows how much you "save" at menards. spend $79.00 for a store with *** lazy employees who only know how to play pass the buck or just walk away for a customer with a conern as reflected by employees who coment on here.

Big R is a much smaller company then menards but supurb in customer service. Im assuming your refering to big R in michigan city, IN that moved into the old wal mart store which is a very nice friendly store. Also keep in mind in michigan city the menards is on the property right next door to lowes. Lowes has a stock of assembled wheelbarrows ready to go.

Not to mention the assembly gas grills and lawn furniture too. If anyone lives in the michigan city area im sure you seen the middle school games menards plays with the lowes store next door as far as where snowbanks are "acidently" places and garbage.

:cry :cry :cry They have displays so people can see what the assembled wheelbarrow looks like. If they sell you the display they won't have one until someone gets a chance to build a new one.

This time of year they have plenty of customers to help and shelves to stock to keep them more than busy. It's not their fault you couldn't plan ahead and get a wheelbarrow sooner than the day you needed it.