64 views
Verified Reviewer

My cousin and i went into Menards to buy stuff to add electrical outlets for a camper I live out of state and we do not have a Menards so we walked around the store for about 2 and 1/2 hours and I found a bunch of clearance sections that didn't have prices marked on them because your general manager doesn't do his job in Bismarck North Dakota apparently. So after I was done and ready to walk out i took my items full of clearance things that were not marked to the front register that was blocked so that way you could not get through it and I walked around to the customer service desk and asked him to come over and price check these items for me my cousin stayed there while he did that and wrote all the prices down I went and smoked a cigarette I come back in to the store and I look at the prices that were written down and all of the prices that they gave us we're all the original prices they were not on clearance so I said I'll go around the store to where we got these items and take a picture of the price of what it said it was okay.

Well apparently the general manager or whoever the manager was his customer service skills are so amazing that he was upset with his employee for coming over and looking up these prices for me so that way I could decide if I wanted to buy it and I mind you I had two full carts full of stuff over $600 okay. I run a tree service I have plenty of money and we were immediately treated biasly like we were going to steal stuff and we didn't take anything I had money to pay for everything he claimed that we drink sodas and left him laying all over the Menards no we were there for two and a half hours yes we were drinking a soda mine was still half full in the cart and the other one must have fell out it's not like we threw it out and we're leaving it I have my cousin Chase mine down 10 times so I made sure it was paid for. The other thing he was mad about was that I opened up a trailer piece because I wanted to make it was the right one I actually opened two of them and the second one is the one that I bought because it was the correct one that I needed so yes maybe I should have taken it to customer service and show them but I needed to make sure because I can't get all the way back to Colorado to find out I got the wrong trailer piece. Now all this is going down after I go back and start taking pictures of the prices because they were trying to overcharge me I get back up to the front and they put my card away and took it away and then when I tried to start paying for my other stuff the cops showed up and they wrote us trespassing tickets.

Now apparently your general manager which I have my cousin me and I want to see it on the camera claim to the cops that he said we needed to leave before I went to take pictures of the clearance items if he would have told me that I would have walked out with my $650 worth of stuff and told you guys that's fine I don't need your you don't need my money I sure as heck wouldn't have went and walked back into the store. Chili's a liar disrespectful no customer service and this is who is running your store someone that's racist against Indian people. I'm white my cousin is an Indian. The cops literally told me that they called them when we came in the store they knew what vehicle we were in everything the whole nine yards about us before the cops were even there.

We are not even done anything wrong by that point that was basically being in the door I didn't do anything wrong at all but try and buy some items from some people that I can't get somewhere else and I got treated like I'm a thief by some racist general manager.

I've already been in contact with my lawyer and I will be in contact with Burleigh county as well for filing a false appreci report. Because he did not tell me to leave cuz if he did I would have he was the one that came up to us and was rude we were compliant until they were not nice to us respect goes both ways.

User's recommendation: Go to lowes.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Pros: Used to be a good store, Decent merchandise, Competitive pricing, Prices and friendly workers.

Menards Cons: Employees were rude and did not resolve my problems, Disappointed that no rebate was given, Rude help.

Location: 3300 State Street, Bismarck, ND 58503

Comments

#2019469

How was your loss $250? Bad karma at you I’d you lie!!!!!!

Menards Reviews