93 views

So I ordered a fence from Menard on 7/15/2020. I placed my order online with the Melrose Park store 3215 W.

North Ave. Melrose Park, 60160. The order was confirmed by the store to be there. So then because I paid for delivery I spoke to Amber front end manager Amber to set up my delivery date which was supposed to be for Saturday the 25th.

So on Saturday I called the store at 10:23 am they had me speak to the delivery coordinator to see what's the status of my delivery she then told me my delivery will be there today the gentleman that normally deliver had not come yet. So at 1pm I then called back, and spoke back to delivery Coordinator and asked her again about my order and what's taking so long. She then said let me look on the computer. She told me the computer had a delivery date of the 26th for Sunday in which the store don't do deliveries on Sunday, Then to make matters worse she tells me the delivery company is gone, and they won't be able to deliver my order.

So at this point I got Contractor's at my house waiting for the fence panels that's not coming and because they have other jobs lined up I have to pay for them to come back to do my Fence because they lost out a day at my house waiting and could have been on another Job. Ok so because Amber who started the mix up with scheduling the wrong date was not there, and I was told she would be there Sunday I went to the store on Sunday morning at 923am only to find out Amber was not coming in Sunday. So I spoke with, Valerie she then called the coordinator for that day she came and refunded me for delivery of $109.00 and apologized and, set my delivery day for Saturday August 1. So Friday night I called Menards melrose Park delivery coordinator to insure my order will be there for Saturday well when I called Tanneia delivery coordinator looked up my order sat it was scheduled for tommrrow but there was one problem my order of 22 wooden fence panels order#58484 that I paid forc$968.86 was short they only had 18 panels and that there were no more in the store.

I asked to speak to store manager and I got Kevin who told me he new nothing about the order and that he had to do some research and would call me back. He never call back instead he had Tanneia to call me back to let me know they had to go get me some other panels from the store I buffalo Grove and that my panels won't be there to 3pm thats the best he could do I asked to speak to him she informed me he would be back in 15 mins. I then let me home and went to the store where I meet Sara that told Kevin I was there he told her to have me come to Delivery area desk at this point I'm telling him I have been very inconvenient lost money and everything so could he please get my panels before 3pm because the contractors would be at my house yet again to do work and need my fence panels. He said he would see what he could do and couldn't inconvenience his drivers or other customers that are waiting on there order for Saturday either but he would call me in the morning meaning Saturday and give me an ETA on my delivery.

SATURDAY morning came i then called back to menards because no one called me I then asked for store manager and Got Scott explained to him what happened he told me given him til 7am when everyone come in he will get to bottom and it won't be 3pm when I get my panels he would call me back. Scott called me back he figured out a plan and my panels would be delivered. He also told me a possible eta of 12noon. Ok 12nokn came no panels I called the store back coordinator told me they have my panels and are on their way I asked her did they go to buffalo Grove to get the others she said no they didn't have to they found more in the store.

Ok about 230pm the panels arrived and the delivery person had them on the forklift and dropped all 22 braking 10 of them Wow. Then as my Contractor's began to pick them up to see how badly damaged they were the noticed that the panels we two different styles with i have photos of all. So I called the store asked for manager got Kevin told him what happened he told me to let him know how many are broken and he would replace, then I told him they sent me two different styles I am very disappointed now and thinking this has been a nightmare. He asked me to send photos and he would call me back.

Again I went up to store this is my 3rd time now they send me to the back he has photos in his hand that I emailed him and ask me to step to the counter he tells me he see the difference but don't have anymore panels in the store but the panels that I didn't order is the right panels and that the manufacturer must have changed the style i told him those are not the panels you guys are advertising! So I said to him you mean to tell me the manufacturer changed the style and you guys didn't update your website? So your false advertising? So at that point I was convinced I need to reach out to corporate and the better business Beau.

Because this is krazy I never seen nothing like this. Then Kevin tells me he could do 2 things refund me and pick up the panels they dropped off or i could keep panels til he do reach and find the manufacturer with the right panels...

this experience for me is a nightmare I have been a menards shopper until know and I won't recommend that no one order anything from there. No one there was sympathetic to what I was going through and to them I was just another line item.

Shannon

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Delivery Service.

Location: Chicago, Illinois