55 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Apr 05, 2021

Discriminated against by a member of management at the Manhattan, KS store on Monday, April 5, 2021.

Original review updated by user Apr 05, 2021

My husband & I were told to leave the store due to not having a mask on. We were not offered a mask or asked if there may be was any reason we were not wearing a mask.

When asking the associate, Christopher (the 2nd assistant manager for customer service) if he deliberately followed us to tell us to leave, he said yes that he did that we were on private property so we had to leave.

Due to that I feel discriminate against, especially when I have been in the store several times before the mask mandate was lifted in Kansas without as mask & was never asked to leave. Also, to add to this, I have lupus that causes me more issues with my asthma, therefore wearing a mask causes more harm protection & showing that your employee is discriminating against people with medical issues.

Preferred solution: Termination of employee for discrimination.

Comments

#2000216

They aren't discriminating. They require everyone to wear a mask.

Your medical reasons for not wanting to wear a mask won't prevent you from spreading the virus. If you can't be socially responsible and wear a mask for the few minutes you would be in a store simply stay out of stores that require them.

#2001429
@PissedConsumer2000216

I was escorted out by an employee 5 inches from my back for wearing a face shield. They will stalk you to the door all the way 2 to 3 inches from your back.

I told them I had a face covering but the employee told me it wasn't a mask. The employee was wearing a dirty cloth mask.

My face covering was more moisture blocking than the employee's mask. If I wasn't with my husband I would have called the police on the store and sat down on the floor refusing to move.

Menards Reviews