62 views
Verified Reviewer

3.7

We are (or were) very good customers of Menard's. I know where everything is in our regular store, but after the other day shopping there my husband said he was done with them.

I've considered writing before, but always decided not to because the good out-weighed the bad. I'm writing today to let you know what happened on Jan. 8,2021. We went to purchase paneling for our house.

My husband went to get the paneling and went to get paint and nails and such, when we met up front my husband was totally exhausted and very upset. He told me that he had 4 employees sit at the end of the aisle and watch him load 18 sheets of paneling and not one of them offered to help, now mind you, my husband has a heart condition, he could have collapsed lifting that much.

I believe those 4 employees should have gotten off their butts and helped him!! l

User's recommendation: Tell them upfront that will need help loading your items unto a cart, because some of them will just sit by and watch you sweating it out!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 5511 Meijer Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46835

Comments

#1972669

Keep in mid that Menards is a self service store. Most customers are comfortable loading their own products.

If you need help just ask for it. Don't expect them to offer it especially with social distancing during the Covid pandemic.

#1972703
@PissedConsumer1972669

Keeping a distance due to a pandemic is one thing, but 4 employee loitering on company time and recording an elderly customer maneuver bulky and heavy merchandise is another thing. Especially when the employee's sole purpose of recording is to parody the customer on YouTube.

#1972667

Bring along your daughter wearing a low tank top and yoga pants. The staff still won't help but at least they will pay attention by ogling her from 10 feet away.

Menards Reviews