Verified Reviewer

I am writing this to you out of frustration. We have had a Menards card since the 90s.

My husband and I built our home with Menards products using our Big card and usually the 6 months same as cash option.

Since the charges made by Citi Bank we have been charges interest on our bill the last two months. When I called last month and explained I was on the zero interest from Menards the representative acted like that was a non existent option, but he did take the interest charge of $8.90 off my bill. I told the representative that I would pay the entire balance which I did to keep from interest charges. I had decided I would not use my Menards Big card, but I did for a small purchase.

Oh and I set up my payments to be taken out automatically from my checking account and pay on time and pay the statement balance.

And the balance is due 5/19/2021 but there is another interest charge if $.31. And yes that is a small amount but my husband and I feel like we are being targeted by Citi bank with interest we dont feel we owe.

I guess we will reevaluate our shopping habits and check out other home improvement stores, since Citi bank insists on charging interest to our account.

We have already closed a Citi bank card we had with Bass Pro.

I hope someone in the Menards company would take this complaint seriously, but corporations sometimes just are too big to care about their loyal customers. Thirty years is a long time to have been a customer and it is sad that a credit card company is destroying the confidence we have had with Menards.

Thank you for your time.

Larry and Jane Wages

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#2007556

First off, the menards card is thru Capital One, not Citi Bank. Secondly, the no interest for 6 months is on purchases over $300.

Menards Reviews