Chicago, Illinois

My father went to Menards to purchase a lawnmower. When he applied for the Menards card, the cashier already charged him for the item but told him that if he added a few more, he would qualify for the no interest plan.

So he did that with the notion that the cashier voided the first charge. Little did we know, when we received the statement, that the cashier did not void our first charge and now we are in the process of disputing it. We got the store and printed our receipts and showed them to customer service. Little did we know that the women behind the counter would give us a bad attitude when we were trying to explain our dilemma.

One of the ladies told me that we returned the item and I had to tell her that the receipt was not a return but a copy from the kiosk machine to show her that we were charged for the same item twice within two to three minutes of each other. She left with an attitude (I did not even give her one) and another lady (much nicer) got my info and said she would call me back. Surprisingly, the cashier who did the original transaction no longer works their.

I wonder why?

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Cashier.

Comments

I highly doubt the girl got fired over that. every employee makes mistakes, I have, we have worked with literally thousands of customers, how do you possibly expect perfect service all the time? We are not robots.

If you were actually charged twice for the same item it would be very easy for Menard's to check that on their video DVR. since you have the receipt showing the time , date, and register the purchase was made

no thanks, i have no desire to go where you are. you steal my name, now you want to take my *ss, you perve.

i hear san francisco is very welcoming of your kind. go there.

have you ever heard of a typo you ignorant b&stard, whoops, i guess you have. since you spelled redneck with a 3, go back to school old man and quit using my name.

pay you bill?

what an uneducated r3dneck you are.

nalday1

who said anything about her being funny. read the article again. in case you can't, i was talking about the customer service people.

hey, that lady who got fired was my sister, i do not think it is funny. the fact of the matter is, you probably did get two mowers and are just wanting something for free. tough, pay you bill, with two mowers you can get your grass mowed in half the time.