Valparaiso, Indiana
2.0

Bought a brand new Poulan Pro push mower that was on sale for a couple hundred dollars. I put gas in it and it would not start, I had thrown away the box prior to that and it had the receipt in it.

It was NEVER used, because it would not start. I took it back to the Valparaiso, IN Menards where I had purchased it and was told I could not return it because I had put gas in it. I said well how was I to try and start it without putting gas in it. I asked to speak to the Manager, she just put me back with the *** I was already talking too.

Yes I did start to get mad, the whole ordeal was just wrong. I was also told there was no record of it, so I said just give me in store credit and I would buy another mower. I was again told no because of the gas issue. So I just left and went straight to Home Depot were I bought a new mower along with a 3000.00 riding lawn mower.

I have spent over 30 thousand dollars through the years at Menards and to be treated like that was just wrong, but never again.

Now I am stuck taking my time, time that is just as valuable as theirs to a shop to get a BRAND NEW MOWER FIXED, because it will NOT START, because I put gas in it. And yes it was brand new gas too.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Cons: Refund policy, Treatment.

• embarrasment
  • Rude store clerks

Comments

Your first problem is throwing away your receipt. You purchased a product with a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

How can you prove when you bought it without a receipt. Next, you failed to comprehend the signs posted in the area of the mowers that told you you couldn't bring it back once you put gas in it. The warranty requires you take it to a service center.

If you didn't agree with that policy you should never have purchased it there. You only have yourself to blame for the situation.