17.2K views

I recently moved to the twin cities. I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes. Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

Comments

maybe you could take your receipt to the Service Desk and inquire if they can help you. That seems to work for anyone that is polite.

Also have been rip of at menar ds rebate.On March 2018 at Menards in Vernon Hills IL bought LASALLE XL Jacuzzi. On Menards promotion at the time they offer in line water heater free in form of check rebate.Did pay for heater $169.Next day after purchase I did send rebate form along with bottom portion of the receipt.

After a while that rebate was not traceable.

So I went back to same store to return brand new heater for full price I pay of $169 plus tax. To my surprise store issued only $146 check an advised me to deal with rebate center as the third party .After intervention with store manager I heard same story.I insisted that I bought heater in this store,have proof of it and don't wanna deal with third party which is INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR called REBATE CENTER.I thing it is unfair an absolutely not acceptable, will go to higher authority to resolve this issue.

I also was cheated by the Menard's "rebate" scam. They advertise a final $$$ price after the rebate which is not the final price you pay, you pay FULL price.

Their ads should be yanked and they should be forced to pay actual rebates as advertised. I also am through it's Lowes and Home Depot for me from now on.

Every time I see a Menard's ad my ulcer acts up. Liars and frauds.

I am a remodel contractor, I have never had an issue with the Menards rebates. right now I have about a thousand dollars worth of rebate cards on my desk.

I have always sent my rebates to one address. I have even had several different rebates in the same envelope.

We have never had a problem with menards rebates, have saved us lots of money. Have used in two different states, no problem.

Not happy with Menards rebates as I need to spend the $96 on the form. Or find someone to give me the cash for the items they need to purchase.

Never had a problem with rebates

I have never had a problem with rebates at Menard's. They are a great company from everything I have seen and I recommend shopping there to all my friends.

That's exactly why you save a copy or take a photo of what you sent. I've had it happen before and as long as you have proof you sent it they will make it right.

#1462086

Menards will lose a lot of customers if it keeps using this 11percent off scam,they have it every other week!

to Dennis Trojan #1462276

Yep, they used it 26 times last year and it must work. Take a look at the parking lots at Menards, Lowes and Home Depot.

Menards will always have more cars in their lot. If the rebates were so bad you would see fewer cars in their lot than their competitors.

I disagree with the term "rebate". This is a gift card for purchases at Menards!

The time limits are too short and the the snail mailing is ridiculous!

What year is this??

Sometimes the "gift card " is less than the postage but you have to mail it in the required time to use it for a loss of several cents.

The 11 percent rebates is a scam bought an item for 107 dollars not on sale. one week later went back to buy another one that I needed was like oh great 11 percent off bought one the price was 119 I said what’s with that they said what do you mean I said I bought one a week ago and it was cheaper, I did the math they tac on 11 percent when they do this that way if you don’t send it in they make even more money. Isn’t this technically price gouging, I don’t buy anything at this store unless I absolutely have to scam

to Anonymous #1427620

So before 11% sale..they change every items price sticker? Raise every sticker by 11%?

Then the next week lower them all? Your tinfoil hat must be too tight

to Anonymous #1555121

Type your message here that is exactly what they do. the prices are raised by a minimum of 11% during their supposed 11% off sale.

to Anonymous #1462277

They have sales and they have rebates. The first time you bought the item it was more than likely on sale, and yes their sale prices can be better than the rebates.

I agree with this statement I have also sent in 3 rebate slips to the rebatesinternational.com site for a total of $37.54 in rebates and they have no record of these slips. First they said that the slips were being processed and then they were gone, this has been going on since 9/1/2016.

I believe this is a scam also and after talking to customer service in the store they said they could do nothing about it because it is handled by a third party.

Did you contact Rebate International and have them send you a replacement check? This happened to me once and it was an easy fix.

I had gathered a bunch of rebates over a course of a few months. I then forgot to send them.

Well about five or six months later I get around to sending them in, although late they still issued me my credit!!! I’m so pleased.

I even sent in a bunch of divverent rebates all in one envelope. Will always shop with MENARDS!

to Chels55ish #1471973

Save big money at Menards!