Beware of rebates at Menards - it's a scam

1136 of 1566 Menards reviews

I recently moved to the twin cities.I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 63 Yes 63 213 No 213
Had the same issue 62 Yes 62
1136 of 1566 Menards reviews

Feb 07 #1282939

i never received my mernard's rebates either, i don't have copies of receipts,

rebate scam

Feb 03 #1280592 Crown Point, Indiana, United States

Over the past five years I have mailed in many rebate forms to Menards rebate center.I only received a rebate for very few of them. When I try tracking my rebates ,I'm always told that they cannot fine them. I think somebody need to investgate this scam.

Feb 03 #1280596

Let me correct this for you.
Over the past five years I have mailed in many rebate forms to Menards rebate center. I only received a rebate for very few of them. When I try tracking my rebates, I'm always told that they cannot find them. I think somebody needs to investigate this scam.
Your welcome.

Jan 04 #1265513 New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States

I have never had a problem with rebates. They have even given me some that were expired. I have made over $1000.00 in rebates in the last year or two.

Dec 10, 2016 #1253147 Kansas City, Missouri, United States

They have never scammed me and I have been doing this for years, even had some very large rebates over $100.

2 1 Reply

Nov 21, 2016 #1244163 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Yep. Menards are scammers. Over 300 stores, almost 60 years in business, the largest home improvement center in the Midwest. Opening new stores all the time. Yep, *** scammers. How the *** are they in business? (Do you feel my eyes rolling into the back of my head?)

5 1 Reply

Nov 21, 2016 #1244105 Dearborn, Michigan, United States

Yes, Menard's are scammers. About 4 months ago, I submitted a rebate claim form, followed the instructions precisely, printed legibly, placed in a stamped envelope and mailed via USPS. I have yet to receive my 11% rebate on items purchased.

2 2 Reply

Nov 08, 2016 #1238151 Medford, New Jersey, United States

I have never had an issue but my son just bought and remodeled a home. His rebates are being used but not by him! You have to contact Rebates International via email. Nothing to do with Menards. Why not have you show ID when using? We are trying to go thru 50+ receipts to copy and re-mail. Hopes of him getting his rebates: NIL. They won't even reply to the emails.
And by the way, I worked at the hole for 6 months. Lost any respect I had for the company. FYI: they tend to mark products up before the 11% rebates!

3 0 Reply

Nov 08, 2016 #1238413

Who are you kidding? They run the 11% rebate all the time. Do you really think they have time to raise and lower pieces on the tens of thousands of products they carry in the stores when they run the rebate? Your off your rocker if you think they do.

2 5 Reply

Nov 06, 2016 #1237314 Merchantville, New Jersey, United States

I have always received my rebates back from Menards. My brother just got back his rebates totaling $130.00. I don't know what happen with yours but you should have contacted them.

4 2 Reply

Oct 29, 2016 #1233667 Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I have done Menards rebates many times and without issue. I am sure if you contact them/would have contacted them they would work with you to resolve this issue.

4 2 Reply

Oct 22, 2016 #1230592 Lewis Center, Ohio, United States

that's right. happens to me all the time. often the post office has something to do with it. Other times its the rebate center "loosing" the rebate. And yes, it only happens with high dollar amounts. The low dollar ones come through no problem.
They could easily create an online rebate system, they don't because it wouldn't create this "appearance" of accidentally loosing stuff.

1 2 Reply

Oct 10, 2016 #1224843 Hartland, Wisconsin, United States

Some towns which Menards own do not have another place to buy these items since hardware stores are in short supply these days

1 0 Reply

Oct 10, 2016 #1224722

If you go back and get a price adjustment or return items on your receipt the amount of the rebate will be reduced. You aren't due a rebate on an item you didn't keep and if you came back and got a price adjustment because the item went on sale for a better price than the rebate you don't get to keep the rebate as well. My guess is this explains a lot of the partial rebates or none at all.

1 2 Reply

Oct 04, 2016 #1222259

IMAGINE that...you can't spell, so why should we believe that you know what you're talking about??

1 1 Reply

Sep 28, 2016 #1219668 Saint Louis, Missouri, United States

I too have had the issue with not receiving the rebates. I purchased $900 worth of flooring and have never received my 11% rebate. I received a rebate a month before from them and it worked out ok. So far I have lost over $120 in rebates that they have had disappear. It seems they only pick and choose on the rebates they process.

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 121 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.