13.4K views

I recently moved to the twin cities.I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

I had gathered a bunch of rebates over a course of a few months.I then forgot to send them.

Well about five or six months later I get around to sending them in, although late they still issued me my credit!!! I’m so pleased.

I even sent in a bunch of divverent rebates all in one envelope.Will always shop with MENARDS!

This is an old thread but had to comment ...

I've been sending in Menards rebates for a very long time (at least since 2000 when I started keeping track) and if you do things as indicated, you will get your rebate.In the off chance that you have a problem you can get it corrected with the copies of the rebate receipts that tell you to make.

I'm a little puzzled by your comment that you had to send them to two different PO Boxes because in my experience, Menards only uses two PO Boxes, one for their regular rebates and one for their 11% price adjustment rebate. Are you absolutely sure you sent them to the correct address?

Having said that, no one is perfect, and their rebate processors are human, so sometimes things can go awry (and don't assume the postal service even got the envelope to them, as I've had mail get lost numerous times over the years on the way to it's destination.)

As far as the few times I've had problems getting my rebates, I just had to contact their rebate processing people with scanned copies to get things fixed.

I'd guess that in the last 18 years it's probably happened two or three times and sometimes it was my mistake, sometimes theirs.

If you do any rebates (with anyone), make sure you save copies (or take photos with your phone) so if something does go wrong, you can get it corrected, but Menards rebates are not a scam.

Been dealing with Menards since 2015 when I moved to Illinois.Love Menards.

I have never had any issues with rebates being paid. I send them all in one envelope at the end of each 11% promotion. I have even submitted some past the final date listed on receipt, and I still receive my rebate.

Menards is my choice over Lowe's or Home Depot.At least I can find someone to help me in the store when looking for items!

I've always received my rebates without any problems.I even complained to customer service after making a large purchase, and the 11% rebate coming out the next week, thinking I was out and wishing I'd waited a week to make my purchase.

They gave me a "special" rebate form, and I received my 11% for a purchase made when they weren't offering it!I'll continue to shop Menards and submit my rebates.

I have over 148 dollars, coming, filed in August, still no rebate . Will not send anymore rebates in. Seems like a scam.

We recently submitted several rebate forms that totaled $270 of in store dollars to spend. We received the whole amount and have already spent it. It all went very smoothly for us, we are very happy.

WE LIVINGINGLENVIEW IL. 4 month and still waiting for rebate

Never been shorted on rebates, both 11% and manufacturers. Some have been submitted after the deadline date, and still received them. Very successful program, as Lowes is starting to offer same 11% .

Must have made out the form wrong or sent it to the wrong address. Resubmit it dummy.

I have over 2,000$ in rebates I have accumulated to buy a new fridge. Never had a problem