1999 Walker Lake Rd, Ontario, OH 44906, USA
3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

My brother and I were in you store today.He is 75 and legaly blind.We wanted to check out th 4 small items he had at the customer service desk( like we have done many times before.

We were told no. It was a corporate decison.So my brother had to walk so much futher, thanks alot. He has spent so much money in your store this year. I would think you would try to do better by your senior handicap people.

He was very upset.I thought this was so unessary.

Review about: Menards Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Menards?

Comments

when you're at walmart you probably also check out regular general mdse at the automotive counter to so as to delay the actual customers with auto related needs---tires battery etc

to Anonymous #1382564

That is just a stupid reply.

#1381910

The reason we went to the customer service desk is it is closer to the exit to where my car is.So then my brother will not have to walk so far.

He is just now getting used to not seeing. So no he does not think he is entitled. But for someone who just lost his sight I think a little compassion will be appreciated.

Have anyone of you that are judging him lost your sight?If not please don't be so quick to label him entitled.

to S.Albers #1381982

I guess in the future I would park between the entrance and the exit door.

MrSharkNasty
to S.Albers #1385189

That's actually the "entrance." The official "exit" is by the registers.Menards has had this policy for years, some lazy uneducated service desk employees choose to ignore it.

Menards shopping tip, don't park by the entrance! Park by the exit and go in the exit! Then you can leave out exit! I know it's challenging, but Menards has policies like this for a reason.

Theft! Efficiency of the other guest/customers purchases!

Fairness to their guest/customers.By going to the service desk you're preventing them from doing their actual job and cutting in line.

It's odd that you could go through the store and pick out items but feel you have to go through the returns desk rather than the checkout lines.

Having a disability doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules. Customer service is for people making returns, etc., not for regular purchases. Entitlement is ugly.

Since your were told that it was a Corporate decision, then the best thing to do is to send a letter to their Corporate Headquarters.

That information is found on their website.