Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

3.5

Went to my local Menards and bought a shed, they had the wall price at 111*(193-****). When I paid at the register, they brought it up for 1198.88.

I brought it up to the manager and she said that they werent going to honor the advertised price, that I either take the 11% rebate or the 79.88 difference, end of story. I believe that if the price is advertised at 1119 at regular price, the 11% should also be honored. I have pictures of all the postings.

I ended up taking the full price, but am not happy. I go at least twice at week to Menards and buy all my diy projects, I think this is unethical and will reconsider my options in the future.

User's recommendation: Beware of pricing discrepancies in the store they are not all accurate and they don’t honor the advertised price.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Menards Pros: Great variety and helping personnel, Good pricing, Stock.

Menards Cons: Pricing discrepancies.

Location: 3215 West North Avenue, Melrose Park, IL 60160

Comments

#1993484

For the past few years a select few menards staff have voluntarily and independently took it upon themselve to post on here denying menards jacks up prices prior to the 11% rebate sales. Prior the "11 savings" the price was $1119.00, than when the 11 % sale started the store staffing was suspose to inflate the price to $1198.88 to compensate the "11 % savings".

Unfortunately the customer wanted to purchase the item before the staffing inflated the price. Per federal laws and retail industry the retailer is to honor the display price, especially when the stock number listed on the price tag matches the item on the box no accusing the customer of price switcharoo. Menards chooses to believe their policies supersede federal laws however.

When a customer states the price is wrong to the cashier due to a expired sale sign, or non inflated price, menards protocol is to page back to an employee to quickly pull the listed price tag down before the customer returns to the display so store staffing can deny the error. Absolutely unethical but the way the company operates to protect the big mans wallet

#1993178

What you see here is employees too lazy to do their job. First is one who didn't bother changing the sign when the price changed.

Second is a manager who didn't do theirs. If you spoke to the person the cashier called over that was a "head cashier", not even a manager.

If a store manager was contacted they would have the authority to correct the price. If you did indeed speak to a store manger and they didn't correct the price it was because they were afraid of the report a price change generates and goes to the corporate office.

#1993062

Why didn't you take your cash and leave the store? You made a choice, time to pretend you're an adult and live with it. Stop the whining....

#1993508
@PissedConsumer1993062

I'm not complaining about the product, but how the situation was handled. If you have a business, take care of your customer, if you want to succeed, otherwise, it will catch up to you.

If you don't want to see me whining....then don't read my comments or story.. simple.

Menards Reviews