Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I was literally accused of stealing an item I bought on line. The cashier had my receipt, my id and my credit card, and looked me straight in the eye, and told me I picked up my item at another store.

He did not even try to call another to see if maybe the item was delivered there..no he said you probably picked the item up already. He had teh worse customer service attitude, and felt as though he was giving doing the company a favor by insulting a customer.

I will contact the store manager and report. my thoughts

Product or Service Mentioned: Menards Cashier.

Comments

MenardsLifer

This is why when you come into a store with merchandise you get an ENTRANCE STICKER.

What happens is someone like you comes in with a receipt or online paper or proof of purchase, then walks in and grabs the same item off the shelf and leaves; giving that person a free item.

Now people do this everyday, they include a friend and fill up identical carts! One checks out and leaves and comes back and hands their buddy the receipt and gives them the bags to fill and they leave with the second cart.

This all sucks in your situation, but you could have prevented it by getting on tiny sticker at the service desk

I contacted the store main headquarters and did not receive a reply..I understand that theif is big in retail..i am an accounting teacher and we talk about doubtful accounts and write off because of stealing..but I guess I must understand crooks are getting smarter so they can not take a chance..but he had the inform including a picture id..i would be a dumb criminal to provide all of that infor

Haha, you do not understand Menards. Employees get a monthly magazine about whats going on in the company and in it they dedicate a page to catching shoplifters in it.

Everyone at Menards is taught not to trust anyone. Menards hates thieves and has often been caught falsely accusing people.