Cicero, Illinois

Accused of stealing at Menards in Dolton. The item at question is an 49 cent nut when I just spent 10 dollars.

Security claimed to have me on tape. When asked to show the tape they couldn't produce the tape saying there policy is not to show recordings. L. P.

Wallace of Menards is desperate in catching someone stealing she is focusing at the wrong people. The item at question I brought in to the store. Wallace went in the back and found an empty pack for what I had and said she saw me rip the pack open with two hands.

I was carrying in one hand a box of contractors bag with one hand unable to work with two hands. Wallace was steal unable to produce a tape.

Comments

Yeah, you gotta establish some boundaries.

"Here's a tip" writes:

"The cameras at menards are very top of the line they can read writing on a peice of paper in a persons hand while walking"

Having worked there for 17 years, and in the type of management with access to both the VHS recording and DVR recording types of cameras, I can say that this is totally inaccurate.

The cameras are so heavily multiplexed and then recorded that, to save disk space, they are very grainy and imprecise. If the images are sent to the general office, they can be improved to the point where you can make out someones face well enough to prosecute... barely.

I think the person who wrote this might have taken a .49 cent nut. Hard to say and a security person shouldn't waste their time on it when there are plenty of 50-400 dollar thefts they miss. You are very wrong about the cameras though.

@The cameras at Menards

What in the world is a 49cent nut? Is that the kind of nut that you get while staying at the Motel 6?

You definately should sue menards

Thats how allot of theives work they steal but buy something else.... ill bet anything that you looked at the price of that nut n said, " I'm not gonna pay for something this ***!" n put it in your pocket.

The cameras at menards are very top of the line they can read writing on a peice of paper in a persons hand while walking. And the L.P.

was prolly unercover and saw your *** stealin and said that she saw you on camera to convince you that your ***! and to surrender the stolen goods

Why don't they have to pay a fine when they (Menards) steal?

Were you charged or let go? You may be able to sue the security company if you're right....but like Justice said, I have a feeling there is a lot more to it. If there are any kinks in your story, please don't waste your time suing.

I truely feel that there is ALOT more to this story than you have led us to believe...