1.1K views

You know how Menards has there paint sales on a regular basis for one paint or the other?It always says in the flyers "5 gallons also on sale" I made the purchase for 5 gallons of Stain a short while back to use on a fence project.

Cabot stain The problem is we all pay for 5 gallons those of us that need the 5 gallon quantity. BUT, your not getting 5 US gallons of paint or stain. If you did not know this. You do now.

So Keep that in mind when making your purchase. Ask if the quantiy is 5 or less than 5 gallons then decide if that is a good deal or not. Menards told me nothing they can do about it. Well I guess in my opinion if I paid for 5 why didn't I get 5?

Some sale that is. Now I am short the stain and there is no sale on that same type of stain. Nice move on someones part.

What do I do or what should I do?

Comments

Ok so to your points looking back at all this.Menards has a 5 gallon Cabot stain on sale now or was.

The reason I sent the first on was to assure that no one figured on 5 gallon coverage and ended up Short. To another one that posted a comment. Because I figured my purchase and coverage on 5 gallons I was short. So that did I do?

I went out and purchased another 4.5 gallons trying to save some money. Yup that's what its about. " Save Big Money at Menards" I do alot of purchase at Menards. This one got to me.

Now all this said. I tried to inform the brain dead like me. Guess that didn't work to well. For you team members that wrote back, Three squirts of color does not fill up the can to the half quart mark.

Maybe you should measure it some time. I hope they don't raise the minimum wage either because you that don't do not gain will then feel the pain.

Rhymes hey.Have a nice Day or life your going to need it.

Muskegon, Michigan, United States #809939

You do realize that none of the paint is a full gallon or a quart right?How do you expect us to put colorant into the can??

Come on sir don't be a fool and a ***.Sincerely, Paint Sales team member :grin :grin

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #706604

It comes down to this.You put a sale price on five gallons of paints, stains, etc.

I expect to get 5 gallons. It seems that if I would not have taken Menards at their word this all would not have taken place. Don't blame it on Menards?? Look if you put a sale flyer out saying 5 gallons and go buy it have it mixed to the color you want and find after you use most of it up that the can does not hold 5 gallons what does one do?

Go to Menards and complain? Did that. Found out they dont feel its there problem.

However, if it wasn't for this site and word of mouth alot of folks will get burnt the same way.Got it??????

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States #706320

possibly a manufacturing defect. we don't measure the stuff to verify it's exactly 5 gallons. it's not a house brand, so menards isn't responsible as the manufacturer. if it was opened already that's on the guest to inspect what he's purchasing to verify it wasn't tampered with. the other possibility would be a manufacturer deliberately lying on their label, asking to get sued..

im forced to assume u believe u were shorted because u couldn't have possibly misjudged what you would need, and it's our fault.

by the way, there is no instance, in all the interwebs, of the phrase "cabbot stain not 5 gallons". this guy is mad cuz bad

to mynardssssss Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States #706592

I will make this more simple for those buying stains.The sale flyer says 5 gallons for Cabot on sale.

My point is the price is not for 5 gallons in the Cabot proposed 5 gallon container, if you choose to believe that there is 5 gallons of stain in it. You will not get 5 gallons. How do I know this? Read the amount on the container lable near the bottom of the can later after purchase.

If you do the math it comes to 4.5 roughly not five gallons. Did not measure it just went by the container. However the sale price is for 5 Gallons. Get it?

Got it? Good ! I will challenge this later.

Now trying to stretch the stain so I can finish the job.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #698782

In case nobody has figured it out, Heartless, is a shill.But how did you "figure" about 4.5 gals?

Did you pour it out and measure?Or just a scientific wild *** guess?

Dayton, Ohio, United States #695804

Pretty obvious not satyin and justice are inbred. You both now gain status as team members, congrats!

justice1982
to Anonymous #695827

So is it that you do not understand the FACTUAL statements I have made, or is it something else. People like you make the world a worse place. You can't come up with a valid case for disagreement, so it results in the person speaking rationally becoming "inbred." Good for you!

to justice1982 #695912

Well at least he learned how to use spell check on that post!! Too bad he's still an f'ing r*tard. In a battle of wits he comes in completely unarmed.

to justice1982 Allendale Charter Township, Michigan, United States #696182

You really sound like an ***. Sorry, just saying the truth.