Hudson, Wisconsin
1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I bought something online at Menards and realized when I got it, that I got the wrong size. I contacted them about doing an exchange and they informed me that they would charge a 25% restocking fee, plus I would have to reorder the item and it would not be at the sale price that I got the original.

This is crazy! With all the companies out there that sell online, and most of them offer free returns, I will not be shopping at Menards anymore.

Don't settle for *** service, do your shopping where they know what good service is.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

MrSharkNasty
#1205410

An educated consumer researches retailers return policies before making a purchase. Not every retailer is the same and believe it or not restocking fees are in fact common with all big box retailers.

You may just have never been in a situation to experience it until now. Now let me educate you on why restocking fees exists! I'm willing to bet you didn't pay shipping and handling on the product and picked it up at the store! A restocking fee is there to recover that loss in money.

Why should Menards be out shipping and handling expenses because you were careless and purchased the wrong size? Why do we live in a world were the consumer thinks it's okay to make any error with out repercussion, but if a retailer messes up it's the end of the world?

Get over yourself! Be a better consumer!

#1219305
@MrSharkNasty

Neither Home Depot or Lowes charge a restocking fee. They both offer free in store returns too.

So don't give me this *** that all big box retailers charge this fee.

Menards doesn't charge a shipping fee if you have the product shipped to the store and pick it up there. Why? Because it doesn't cost them anything to add it to the truck that brings the regular shipments. Well guess what??

It wouldn't cost anything for return shipping if they just sent it back on those trucks.

If you look at all of these reviews for Menards, it is obvious that they don't care about offering good customer service. I will be a better consumer and I'm starting by not shopping at Mendards.