Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Menards in Valparaiso, Indiana - Id not receive rebate

In August I purchased a washer and dryer from your Portage IN store. I received paper work to file for a rebate of the the delivery charges. I immediately sent off the paperwork, receipt, and rebate form #6233. Recently while I was at the Valparaiso IN store, I inquired about my rebate. They gave me a web site for rebate international. I went to this web site and through e-mail inquired about my rebate. They told me they never received it. I shop at Menards regularly, but if this situation is not resolved Home Depot is right accross the street from Menards.

well having worked at several different menards, i can agree with that sentiment. it really comes down to whether or not the people you work with are competent and good to work with.

if i'm unsatisfied with service at a walmart, for instance, i wouldn't hesitate to go to the one in the next town over. different people, different results.

I've worked for depot and menards. I hated menards more than depot.

I can say that working at both returns counter, both stores have their fair share of *** products, and it seems to me to come down to the store ambiance and how well the employees treat people.

Every store is different. I will say i hated menards' rebates, always hated that concept.

wow, and now we have impersonators impersonating impersonators. i am the only fella here, please stop your stealing of my name.

ever since retards fired me, i have seen the light and realize that lowes and the depot are actually better than retards. obviously it has taken me awhile to see that, for i worked there and was brainwashed, but now, well, i have actually seen the light and realize my evil ways of the past, i am trying to reform and correct my ways, if only i could make amends to those that i have badmouthed and harmed, gosh, i feel like earl, hey, a new tv show, my name is fella.

i love when people impersonate me. i just get frustrated when people do a poor job at it.

but seriously, go over to home despot or blowe's if you want *** service and increased prices. you'd really be adding to the economy that way!

let me correct myself, it will not be higher prices, nor will be worse service, afterall, it is quite obvious that menards lacks in customer service and training.

plus, you will have fun, for the quality of the goods are probably superior to the some of the low cost *** we sell at menards, or i should say they sell, afterall, i was canned about a month ago, i am so ***, i do not know why i stay on this board defending those idiots. go ahead, go to home depot, or lowes, you will be better off.

home depot is indeed right across the street. so is higher prices and lack of quality service.

have fun with that!

Loss
I've been remodeling my house for 4 years. I have rheumatoid arthritis and last year I fell off a ladder and now ocassionally I can't walk for more than 10 minutes, so my husband recommends I use an Amigo (electric riding cart for the handicapped). If I see...

I'd consider taking "Menards Employee"'s note to heart, but if he worked there, he's know we don't call anyone working there an "employee". If you can figure out what we call our people, I'll give you another shot at it. Nice try though.

Menards in Columbus, Ohio - Fire a guard and kiss his ***

A Menards Mgr. fired a guard for obsene drawings then , then the guard kissed *** and got hired back ! This is not right !!!! He had been Warned many times and still done it. The guard would also go sit in his girlfriends car while on clock and hang all over her at the guardshack like a dog in heat!!!!!! The guard is also on cell phone all the time while on clock ! Rules in the shack are in site of use customers to see . Guard found with a cell phone in shack will NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK !! The guard is late alot also! He SHOULD BE HISTORY and let the Good guards that are there on time and Friendly work !!!!!!!!

i worket at menards as a guard thay don't like to give the guard restroom breaks when you call for a restroom break thay tell you it will be a couple of minets yah right you wait about an houre or so it was a real pain in the a ss

chill out man dont you know that menards hires the dolts that cant get a job in a real lumber yard. if you want service and informed personell I'd sujest shopping at a REAL lumber yard

No he did not catch me stealing! This guard is young and can care less about the rules!

I am a contractor and spend alot of $ at Menards. I have been there early in the morning and he smells like a drunk *** at 6:30 am and gets by with it and everything else I siad! And the Terre Haute Mgr.

Bill over looks this ***! The guard must really have something on Bill !!!

Jason is a troll do not feed him

if the guard has been doing his job well...

who really cares?

I have a feeling that perhaps the Menards guard caught you for stealing or arrested you for something, that this story is not true, but revenge to get him fired because you are angry, child.

This guard did not by any chance arrest you for shoplifting did he. Is this story is even true or are you trying to get him fired as revenge.

View more comments (6)
Review

Menards in Washington, District Of Columbia - Listed sale price was regular price.

I recently purchased a double deep modular storage unit from the Anderson,In. store. I have been watching this item for about 30 days waiting for it to go on sale. When the Oct. 19 ad came out, it showed this item for a sale price of $374 which has been the regular price. I hoped this was an error in the ad but evidentially it was not because no one at the store could explain why this was supposed to be the sale price. Is this false advertising at it s best? Please explain this to me, I would like to continue shopping at Menards.

If the listed sale price was the regular price you had been watching it simply means that the regular price has been lowered, perhaps you should have checked into that when you went to the store, ***.

Why don't you go buy some bird seed and ask 1,000 questions about bird seed old ***. Hey, Muary is on at 1 since you got all the time in the world to monitor prices and complain on this site. Mope!

Haven't looked at the ad,but it's kind of a moot point if you were looking to get a sale price adjustment. The item has to go on sale within 14 days of you buying it. If you've been watching it for 30 days you wouldn't be able to get a price adjustment anyway.

i love it when people pretending to be me start pulling numbers out their *ss in a pathetic attempt to make me look bad.

old man, it's time to retire your antics and go back to pooping in your depends diapers back at the retirement home. can't be going all ***-nilly on that internet box!!

whoops, what a dumb *ss i am, i was thinking wrong, again!. if the price and cost had gone up, and the ad was already in the can, then that would make the sale price and even greater discount.

if the sale was 349 and the price went up from 379 to 419, then that would be and even greater discount, unlike what *** ole me previously said. i guess i can now understand why the fired me last month, i just do not think sometimes, and when i do, it just is not always right.

i am so sorry for my mistake. i guess they were just trying to *** or something, but that is the normal menards routine.

could be an increase in the base price of the item coincided with the timing that it was supposed to go on sale. i doubt menards is seriously out there trying to manipulate prices in that fashion.

it just isn't good business. too many people would find out and word would spread around.

Loss

Menards in Wausau, Wisconsin - After 3 billion $$$ John Menard doesn't care

Menard's just lost another good customer We have spent $25,000.00 this year there already when we ordered kitchen cabinets. Thats where the nightmare begins. When the cabinets arrived I decided to open a box be for moving them into the house. The first box I opened had a cabinet whose door was 3/8" apart at the 45 joints with no glue. I know the panel is supposed to float but for $13,000.00 I thought that the cabinets should at least be glued. This was true with the next box... I called the store and they said that they would try to get ahold of the cabinet rep to get in touch with me in a week or so and I should move all 28 cabinets into the house. RIGHT! I said they could come get them or they would set outside all week. They did. After a week with no one contacting me I went to the store and they were willing to take the cabinets back. I was told I could come in in 2 days and get my check. In two days I went in and guess what??? I was told I could not have been told that. [What happened to the customer is always right]. So I waited while they processed the return cabinet by cabinet, and after all that I was guaranteed my check would be in my hands in a week [10 business days at the latest]. Well it is 15 busniess days and I have nothing. When I tried to look up a corporate phone # to call somebody of some importance Guess what I found. Bumkiss! When [if] I get my money I will be spending it somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S> If someone from Menards reads this they can call me at 6084320021 Maybe they can find my check !

:( My wife and I purchased cabinets from Menard's a few years back...the experience ended our relationship, but Menard doesn't care as long as the race cars roll and the horses run. We measured our cabinet needs (several times to be sure) and delivered the stats to a Menard's rep.

She took the numbers and we received our cabinets in a few weeks. Cabinets were fine but the counter was cut 5 inches short allowing us to look down into the drawer on the end :roll We measured the counter several times to make sure we weren't nuts and compared the numbers with our written request on the receipt...of course, they did not match. We took the counter back to the store, had them measure it there and showed them the receipt with the figures in the employee's writing. No Soap.

Took the issue to the manager, the regional manager - I actually got as far as Menard's exec. secretary in Eau Claire. All no. Finally had to pay a very good craftsman to do a very good job "lengthening" the counter and hiding the seam very well.

Good Riddance Menard's. When you make as many millions as he has, he no longer counts lost customers.

HEY DUMB *** THEN SAVE UR *** RECIPET WE ARE HERE TO SAVE U BIG MONET BUT YET U BITH AT ALL OF US *** U

yeah!! menards should pay more for new suppliers, thus passing that increased cost onto you, the customer!

great idea!!!

Menards should check out suppliers better than sell their junk *** and get the rap for it!!!!!!!!

Obviously you dealt with the wrong person at the store, as a old cabinet employee in one of their stores, I can tell you that we would contact the cabinet rep and you would get help immediately from that rep. secondly, if you had a case for a full refund than you would have gotten it right there at the store (if you used a credit card, 13,000 in cash??????), whats funny is everyone is pissed at menards for selling "junk" but none of you question the actual manufacturer of those products.

Menards pays pennies for the items you bought ! While you pay dollars for them and they put your dollars in the Bank and draw interest on it And drag their *** until they want to give you your Refund ! So they make all they can off your money

Review
TO EVERYONE AND TO menards I apology for what I listed on pissed off. I have shopped at Menards for many years and the day I went there I was not feeling well and I just took it out on MENARDS. I understand that a lot of people are fat or to lazy to walk the store and...

this is a fake posting placed by a menards employee. Notice how they do not identify the situation related to the posting. So their hoping this generic apoligy covers all the complaints listed on here

MY APOLOGY TO MENARDS

After thinking and reading comments I feel I owe menards a apology. The day I was there I was sick from chemo and just wanted to get stuff I needed for my house. I do not know how to end this pissed off consumer thing . IF Anyone can tell me how please list it in review. I feel that i just got so upset because I did not feel good and lashed out at Menards . I have shopped at Menards for many years and never had any trouble . I quess I do believe there should be rider carts for people ,just because you never know what pain someone is in when they are in need to go to the stores.

we all have bad days, its ok, you shouldnt worry about it. i think menards should have carts too- my stepdad has parkinsons and cand walk now, but over the years he has been very loyal to menards and spent A LOT of $$$ there and it makes me sad to see him have to go to another store just because he cant walk very far. hope your chemo is going well.

Review

Hillside Menards should not be in business

I find it ironic that when you have a complaint you can not talk to a person at the corporate headquarters of Menards you get past to a computer I am a small carpetry business owner that does most of my purchasing from Menards in Woodstock where I have the most wonderful people Dean, Gabe and Brian to deal with at the contractors desk and when my job happened to be in Oakbrook the trouble started. I purchased about $5,000.00 worth of carpet,tile, doors, countertops, lighting,toilets,and many other things for a complete remodel job. To save money and recieve free shipping I had the orders all ordered through Hillside Menards. After waiting for all the special order materials to come in I set up delivery explaining the requirements of the condo. I hired three extra people to unload the truck after comfirming all the order would be delivered and they were aware that we only had the elevator for 3 hours. The truck arrived with only the carpet and tile then the store said they would deliver after the driver went back and reloaded. this did not work becuase of the restrictions of the condo. I had to pay 3 men for 4 hours of travel and 3 hours of waiting. When I called the store I was lied to and then told that Fred did not tell them the time restrictions which is untrue. I cancelled the order. Went back to Dean at Woodstock and was going to go else where for all my needs and future needs but Dean talked me out of that. I tell everyone in the business that I know Hillside Menards is awfull and if you have to use a Menards go to Woodstock at least the try to help you and rectify problems.

Woodstock ILLINOIS!!! fella, Woodstock Illinois.

Right on Rte 14! I know working for Lowe's, that Menards is a very good advertisement for us, they tick off the customer there, then they come on down to see us @ Lowe's.

fella must be a hot shot for menards in the main office he has a smart _ _ _ answer to everything

wasn't woodstock some hippie-fest they held back in 1969?

@fella

Yes, it was.

View more comments (3)
Review
I AM A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY PROBLEM , I WAS SO happy my daughter was going to take me to Menards as I could not go alone I was so upset that all menards had was 2 wheelchairs for disable persons no riders carts . If I would of went alone I would not have been able...

Why don't you just use disability check, buy yourself a personal scooter, and geta write-off. Oh yea, Sue Those bastards.......

Review
Menard's inc. is a HORRIBLE place to work the don't care about their guest or there team members they care about making money like the rest of America, so tell Menard's to stop ling in all there advertisements about caring about quality and service. They...

Hey, Chicago Ill. I worked for Menards many many years.

I went from a P/T sales to a Store Manager. Why, Because they , both John & Larry gave me the opportunity to do just that. They held me accountable for my actions & expected that I produce for the money they paid me. My Dad did the same when I was at home so it was no big deal to follow direction, listen & learn.

Bet you are having trouble with all your bosses. Right??? Good luck in your process of growing up. Jim Celius.

I'm not afraid to give you my name. You abviously are Chicago, Ill.