Menards Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store customer service customer service manager rebate order home money people
Filter review

Menards - Poor quality product and service
Menards - Poor quality product and service
Bought a earthquake Versa front tine roto tiller and not even after 20 mins of using the tiller it is blowing fuel out all over my yard from the spacer for the carburetor. I contacted the store I bought it from and they refuse to allow me to return it due to the fact I...

Menard's tends to sell these cheap machines. Most big box stores and others will not take it back if you put fluids in it.

Of course, you don't know it has a problem until you do, but common sense is not so common. You will have to go through the manufacturer's warranty system for repair. If they tell you the only place to have it repaired is miles away, then so be it. You are stuck.

I have found that for something like a roto tiller, the best place to buy one is at a local hardware store that has a repair facility, etc. and 'tis best to buy a name brand.

Earthquake brand has never been that reliable in my experience. Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it is worth a farthing, as the Brits say.

ID
#1903653 Review #1903653 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Orion, Michigan
Cons
  • Refund policy
  • Management customer service
Loss
Full refund

Rude employee invading my space

We understand everybody wants to be socially distancing right now and this pandemic crisis But today when we accidentally walked in the wrong door at Forsyth Illinois Menards one of your employees walk directly over got in my face within the foot of my face telling me you got to go in the other door you got to go in the other door get out of here like I stated previously I respect the social disorders we have masks on we have gloves on my wife is immune comprable she has cancer I don't need somebody getting within one foot of my face like we're going to throw fisticuffs or something over walking in the wrong door I spent thousands of dollars in your store and you'll never get another Penny out of me again Forsyth Illinois Menards a bunch of racist and very disrespectful when I called the manager after leaving he was disrespectful as well Menards you can kiss my big black butt
ID
#1903418 Review #1903418 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Need a Corp answer

Can’t talk to a live person from Corp. site says it would ship but was not offered and if I want my item I have to drive 3.5 hours to get it.

User's recommendation: Don’t try calling corporations on weekends.

ID
#1903406 Review #1903406 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kansas City, Missouri

Verified Reviewer
Shopped for the first time at Menards in Grimes. Was shocked to find out a military discount was no longer offered! I will no longer shop in Menards, as Lowes and Home Depot both offer a Military discount. User's recommendation: Shop at Home Depot it Lowes

I've worked for Menards over 25 years. They never did offer a military discount so I don't understand how you could think they discontinued one.

Menards believes every one deserves an honest price. Is it really fair to give a Veteran a discount and not a first responder, teacher, medical professional and on and on?

ID
#1903259 Review #1903259 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Notice of publics disapproval

Simply put your new mask and age requirement is putting you in a negative light. There are a lot of people who say they will not return to your stores. You should definitely reevaluate your position here in my opinion. Only if staying in business after the economy recovers is on your agenda that is. People are tired of the media circus and being told what to do. Most of the measures implemented are feel good antidotes and serve no real purpose. Wish you the best but we gotta stop telling people what to do.

You don't say what state you are in. Many of the states where Menards stores operate either require masks or highly recommend them.

Menards is only following the states directives in attempting to protect their employees and the customers that choose to shop in their stores. Stay away if you don't like it.

ID
#1902936 Review #1902936 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Defective merchandise on a table we bought a year ago

Menards - Defective merchandise on a table we bought a year ago
We purchased a two lawn furniture patio sets from you guys and when we got home over an hour away we noticed a slight crack on the top of one of the table pieces but we let it go because we were going to see if it ever crack further ,,,, well it did and so we would appreciate you replacing this defective piece since it was defective when we got it home!!! The set was called 5-piece Dining Set (SOUTHFIELD COLLECTION) 272-**** one of the long outside ceramic piece. Please get back to me ASAP ! Thanks Denise and my phone number is 515-341-****

Complaing here won't get a response from Menards. Looking at their web site, this item has a one year warranty.

If you have had it for less than a year take it back to Menards with your receipt for a refund or exchange. It always a good idea to address a problem with a product you purchase as soon as possible rather than putting it off and risk missing the window for return.

ID
#1902871 Review #1902871 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Pros
  • Friendly helpful staff
  • Generally the staff
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Wearing of masks mandatory

I am an adult I can make my own choices I DO NOT need to be dictated to. I loved Menards but will NOT shop there anymore. One credit card I can cut up. Its a shame and very sad that I have been pushed to make this choice!

User's recommendation: Can’t really rate you but right now I give you a ZERO! NO MASKS REQUIRED!! ITS A CHOICE!

Yes indeed! I 100% agree!

MASKS!! Seriously, I have not heard back from a complaint I filed about not being able to enter their store without wearing a mask! I heard back from our Governor Dewine's office and according to the e mail his office sent, it is Menard's personal decision, NOT mandated by his office. Yesterday, our landscaping company went across the street to Lowes and purchased $600+ on products we would have normally bought from you because we will not be dictated to wear a mask.

For your own information, please do a google search on the way our immune systems are designed by our Creator God~He designed us in such a way that our immune systems are BUILT by being AROUND germs and viruses. What are you going to do about the 83 year old friend I had who entered your store WITH a mask, her glasses fogged up and she tripped. Granted, she was ok, but just what if, she had broken a bone~certainly your store would have been responsible. This is not just about wearing a mask, it is dictating a mandate that is not even necessary.

Do you realize, in the Lancaster Ohio store, I was in front of the door all but 10 seconds~enough to turn around and walk out because I was 'greeted' by the store 'police mask' and in that few seconds of time, FIVE other customers walked out and went to Lowes. Is this really worth it to you???

I would like a reply, as I could not get anywhere with the front desk. This is flat out ridiculous and you will see great repercussions.

Actually even as an adult you are dictated to all the time! What you can and cannot do is set by the very same government that is requiring PPE.

Do you really have your head that far up your backside? The mask isn’t to protect you! It’s to protect everyone else from you!! It’s a courtesy!!

Just in case you are asymptomatic carrier. So YOU don’t potentially infect someone. It’s a temporary measure so ppl can feel safer going back out in public. The very state you live in has dictated these protocols be followed for the safety of everyone.

How can you sit there and put yourself above everyone’s lives? I guess it takes a special kind of lowbrow and narcissistic person to do something like that.

Go right ahead and never go back. Just one less whiny little snowflake they do not have to be around.

@PissedConsumer1857923

You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t really care what it is but you are entitled to it. Agree to disagree makes no difference to me.

EVERYONE has to cooperate to save lives and allow for the world to get back to normal. You are not exempt from that.

The people forced to keep working through the outbreak, RISKING THEIR LIVES TO SERVE YOU aren't really asking too much. Just that you were a mask to help protect them and their families.

And you go and throw a hissy-fit? You are one piece of work!

@PissedConsumer1857918

Your opinion, you are entitled to it. Agree to disagree.

Didn’t have a “hissy for” states a fact. Not interested in if you agree with me or not.

Wear a mask or anything else you like if that makes you feel safer or that you are protecting others. I have no problem with distancing but won’t wear a mask, can’t help it if you don’t like it or me and don’t care.

You don't say what state you were shopping in. A number of states that Menards has stores in are requiring masks for both employees and customers.

@PissedConsumer1857897

Ohio

@PissedConsumer1857924

And your state, Ohio has been on and off about requiring masks. Why are you blaming the stores that are trying to keep up with the policies of the state you live in?

@PissedConsumer1857924

Ohio has been on and off about requiring everyone to wear face masks in a store. Why are you blaming a retail store for trying to keep up with the regulations of the state?

Put yourself in the position of their employees. Wouldn't you rather have some protection from customers potentially infecting you with the virus?

View more comments (8)
ID
#1902569 Review #1902569 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Let the company propose a solution

Armed security

Really you need armed security at your stores? I thought it was a joke but when I went there this morning in La Crosse there was armed security. Really you need people carrying 9MM? Are you afraid of people without masks rushing into the store that is just overkill. Once the armed security is gone I might come back. I will go to Home Depot until they are gone I guess the 1300.00 a week a spend at your store means nothing to you guys.

User's recommendation: If you like armed security at the doors perfect place.

They probably have had some security and/or theft incidents and displaying armed guards is cheaper. The mere fact that a store feels the need to hire security guards, armed or not is a good indication of problems that one can successfully avoid by shopping elsewhere.

ID
#1902370 Review #1902370 is a subjective opinion of poster.
La Crosse, Wisconsin

Forced membership fees.

If you want me to wear a mask, you better not charge me. Headed to Lowe's. Bye Felicia!

User's recommendation: Return after flu season.

ID
#1902065 Review #1902065 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Preferred solution
My body, my choice. Stop playing politics.

Verified Reviewer
Menards - Employees not wearing mask/ forcing epileptic to wear mask
My husband and I visited Menard today with masks we brought with us on. I have Epilepsy and try to wear a mask but sometimes hyperventilate and HAVE to unhook my mask, I explained that and most employees all were very understanding about it. Until we got to the...

There are several issues here. We are in the middle of a global pandemic and the people working at Menards (and Wal-Mart and gas stations and everywhere else that is open) are risking their lives and the lives of their loved ones to be there to help people with ESSENTIAL purchases.

The state is under a stay at home order. To keep everyone safe (other customers and employees) all they ask is that if you need to come in for essential purchases, please wear a mask to keep everyone else safe and limit the time in the store. One person per cart is the genereal state recommendation. You and your husband came in together to by non-essential garden fencing, and you didnt want to wear a mask.

When asked to comply with 1 of the 3 rules you were breaking, you post an indignant post about the store. What exacrly is wrong with you? Why are you above everyone else??

Think about what you're doing here, causing harm to a business and specific people because you felt like you shouldn't have to conform to any of the CDC guidelines or store policies? Why??

ID
#1901965 Review #1901965 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Escanaba, Michigan

Comapny response

I placed an order on April 24th and realized the delivery was for the incorrect store. Contacted customer service within 2 hours to cancel and reorder. Received an email on 4/26 stating they could not make changes to an order once it had been placed and they had initiated a refund on 1 of the 3 items. The refund was for the smallest amount on the order ($30) and am still waiting to hear on the other two refunds totaling $670.00. I have sent multiple emails for an update but have not heard another world. I am deeply disappointed in how you cannot talk to a live person regarding an issue and how long it is taking to get a refund. This will probably be my one and only online order to Menards.

User's recommendation: Do not order online.

Look at your receipt and call that store and talk to them. It’s that simple.

ID
#1901752 Review #1901752 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Des Moines, Iowa

Enrty denial with infant

Was denied entry to shop at your Superior, WI store today. I had my infant daughter who is exclusively breastfed and cannot be apart from me. She was strapped to me sleeping in her carrier. After this experience today my husband and I will never again shop at any menards in store or online. Such a shame for the convenience of proximity for us and the loss of business for you. We bought our first home last year and have many, many thousands of dollars worth of product we would have been purchasing from you in several departments of which business will now go to our local hardware stores or other stores online. Shame on you for enforcing such harmful rules that are so extremely divisive, unfair and unhelpful. Also, I feel very sorry for your employees having to enforce such idiotic rules. Shame. On. You.

User's recommendation: Bring your business elsewhere.

Yes indeed! I 100% agree!

You have a husband? You said yourself you have a husband!

Why couldn't he do the shopping without you? Most states right now have guidelines to have 1-person do the shopping. How dumb are you to risk your child's life anyways? Babies can get covid-19!

Babies have died from covid-19. You;re aware that these rules are in place to protect others right? These rules are in place to protect the staff and their family's from possible exposure to covid-19.

Anyone shopping at Menards right is not very intelligent, unless you have a very dire at home that cannot be ignored. Your paint can wait.

Also shame on the group of male employees who were ogling me as I was opening nursing my baby at the front entrance of the store.

What exactly was so urgently needed at Menards that you would be willing to take an infant to a store and potentially her to the virus? Seems like you might be more concerned about your child than complaining about a store trying to limit the number of people in the store.

Technically Menards carries nothing you need to survive

Media hype

They were just enforcing social distancing regulations. Everyone has to cooperate to save lives.

What essential item were you looking for at Menards Home Improvement store with a baby strapped to your chest?!??

@PissedConsumer1857491

If you want to go there Menards carry nothing that you need to live

View more comments (8)
ID
#1901015 Review #1901015 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Superior, Wisconsin
Pros
  • Distance from my home
  • Lots of selection
Cons
  • Will not go back to menards

Banned

I spend thousands of dollars with your store weekly. Your choice to ban me from entering the store with no mask was a mistake. How dare you infringe on my rights. You will regret the choice you made.

User's recommendation: Don’t shop here.

Starting on Monday April 27th the state of Michigan started requiring people to wear masks in enclosed public areas. Menards is just enforcing the requirements of the state. I take it that you don't feel that you need to stop at stop signs or drive within the speed limit either.

Detroit, Michigan

Wearing a mask

I am a contractor, 99% of my purchases come from Menards. Until now, I refuse to wear a mask, be told to wear a mask, or buy one at the door. There is no reason to start this now after the scare has settled. I will no longer be shopping Menards, and I know of a lot more contractors that feel the same way. What a way to lose business.
Gratiot, Wisconsin

Mandatory masks

Having to wear masks at their store when you didnt have to for the last six weeks. I will not shop there any longer there are other stores just like theirs that do not require the bullying of having to wear masks that are uncomfortable and dont do any good anyway.

User's recommendation: Go to other local stores or even Home Depot even if you have to wait.

Perhaps you need to blame the state rather than the store. Sounds like Ohio has been flip flopping on whether or not customers are required to wear masks. Were you shopping on a day the state required them?

Brooklyn, Ohio
Pros
  • Variety of items carried
Let the company propose a solution