Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Menards suiing me for storage units in Plymouth

I was told to vacate the rental unit, Menards had sold them, I did so by the August 28 deadline, yet never contacted me anything wrong until I was sued, 2 months later. Menards stated I owed September rent, and the fees to collect it, given pictures that some items were still in the unit and massive charge for cleaning and Dumpster. Did anyone else experience this with this company? Where you also not told anything was wrong, but just sued anyway? Great treatment, esp when I am going through jaw cancer issues with my son?? Maybe this man doesn't care about us

It doesn't sound like you vacated the unit if you left things there. You should have totally cleaned everything out.

Next time you rent, take time to read the contract you sign. I expect the judge you see in court will review the contract you signed and you will end up paying.

Review
#611989 Review #611989 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Way i was treated
Problems with payment
Loss
drop this case or settle for my attorney fewe I would pay $100
I Tried to return a product that stopped working. I had the receipt, and was within the date on the receipt, but they tried to tell me they could only give me in store credit. if I used my bank card, why can I only get an in store credit? My quick no hassle return...

There is more to the story than is being told here. Was this a case where most of the purchase was paid for with a store credit and the balance with a credit card?

Review
Cons
  • Response of local management
  • Refund policy
  • Poor customer service

Menards in Colfax, Illinois - Yardsports is yard junk

Yardsport 200. This has been the worst purchase EVER. I had to drive 60 miles to get it serviced when it wouldn't start anymore. hat was after having it for less than a month and just driving around in a camp ground on paved roads. I should have taken my $3300 and burned it because it would have been less of a headache. I can't sell it, I wouldn't dare unload this piece of scrap on anyone else. Menards takes no returns on items that you put gas into. The warrenty shop that did work for me laughed as he pointed to the parking lot FULL of these junk UTVs. Only a portion of the work was even warrenty. I ended up paying $70 for part of it. What?!?!

Don't buy cheap and do research next time. I worked at Menards for years and everytime we would put one on display it would stop working.

Everyone we ever sold around 5-10 were sent to a repair shop because they ARE TOTAL JUNK.

Learn from this research before you make such a purchase and always buy name brand. You will end up paying double to triple the price, but hey at least you will have a machine that will work.

Bad quality
Tags
  • Yardsport 200

Menards in Beloit, Wisconsin - Did a order on line

my order came in at the menards here in beloit,wi the product was damaged so they reordered it and the 2nd one WAS DAMAGED I AM HIGHLY PISSED THE STORE MANAGER IS RUDE SEEM TO NOT CARE AND JUST HIS OVERALL DEMEANOR SUCKED I HAVE SPENT WELL OVER $5000.00 WITH THIS STORE IN THE LAST 7 MONTHS AND THIS IS HOW I AM TREATED NOT HAPPY AT ALL CALLED THEIR CORPORATE AND GOT NO WHERE I HAVE TO WRITE WTF IS THAT I HAVE WAISTED ENOUGH TIME WITH THEM I WANT TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE AND THEY WONT TALK TO YOU OVER THE PHONE ***

@ Anonymous, and MrSharkNasty,

Incase you didn't read the post correctly, it said 1st was damaged and had to reorder, and 2nd was damaged too, so he will need to go there again for 3rd time again. This shows that customer was understanding and patience.

and only got upset, when manager was rude and didn't care, even after the second one was damaged. I don't know what kind of life and time you two have, but if I had to go to a store to pick up one product 2 times, just to find out I have to come back again, and it might be damaged the third time too. Since manager dosn't seem to care enough to try to ensure the product will not be damaged.

it is totally understandable to get upset for the time thats being wasted, travel cost, and rude customer service from a manager. From what I see, customer was only trying to ensure the product was not damaged the third time, so he doesn't have to come 4th time.

Do you think they ordered it to be damaged? Unfortunately damage does happen in shipping.

The unfortunate thing is their system notifies you your order has arrived as soon as it this the dock and often before the truck is unloaded. Getting upset with the employees in the store gets you absolutely

nowhere. All they can do is re-order the product or get you a refund. What do you expect to gain by complaining to more people?

You just become a pain in the butt and loose the respect of anyone that can help you in the store. They have no more desire to deal with damaged product than you want your order to come in damaged.

@Anonymous

Perhaps the store staff could of taken a 2 minute break from their social weekend plan discussion or their smoke break and actually noticed the shipments were damaged prior to notifying the customer?? Or if they wanted to be really brave and go light years beyond typical menards service they actually could of called the customer to notify him of the defective product before he drove to the store?

I know thats a far out concept in the eyes of Menards. In any case mr customer I'm proud of you for verifying the condition of item prior to leaving the store. Im not sure if the defect was in plain view that anyone could of seen right away or if you insisted the staff open the box at the time of purchase however if you had taken 1 step out of the store with the product then menards staff as well as their employees who respond on here would of blamed it 100% on you regardless of what actually happend. Bottom line is the menards staff at the store are just mad you were the informed customer who noticed the damage before you took possession of if and now their have to take liability............

twice.

P.S. hopefully this did not occur at the chesterfield township Michigan store or the damaged product might have landed on your head after it balanced high above on a pallet rack in an aisle open to the general public.

@Former customer

I mean....the system is computerized...they took that job away from people because it's a mindless task. Business my friend... business.

Perhaps your overall demeanor was POOR! You will be treated better if you treat others well and don't make outrageous demands.

@MrSharkNasty

Why the he'll would you blame the consumer here?? This company sucks, it is almost criminal the way they handle online returns.

They are holding200 of my hard earned dollars hostage for a product that isn't available for THREE months. God forbid they list it as out of stock before taking your money..

I will be contacting my local Attorney General to file a fraud complaint. If you're defending them because you work there you're a ***.

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Rude manager
Problem with delivery
Tried to return a security camera that I cound not get to work. They said they don't take returns on cameras and walked away. I said that is it I will never spend another penny at menards. It is a good store with good inventory but there customer service is as bad as...

I take it you didn't have a receipt and were trying to return a high theft item. Don't expect stores to take back products you can't prove you paid for.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Refund policy
  • Rude manager
Poor customer service
In PVC plumbing section looking for two fittings for a project. Girl helping two men with a project they were building "from their head"...had no idea what they wanted or needed. Waited 14 minutes just watching. Another couple walks up while I was patiently...

Please..... Read carefully the world does not revolve around you!

Did you ever speak up and say when you're done helping them I could use some help? Or did you just stand there expecting something magical to happen? Did you even attempt to look for it yourself? I bet you just stood there and got more angry instead of doing something intelligent.

Clearly this worker was very busy at the time. The other associate you saw was from a different department and knew nothing about that area they would have been zero help to you. It's very possible this individual was the only available person in the plumbing department at this time.

Departments are staffed by demand. Regardless please be a better consumer, you can't expect better service if you refuse to learn to become a better consumer.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
Preferred solution
TRAIN YOU PEOPLE...NOBODY WHOULD BE TREATED AS i WAS ...TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE....MAYBE LOWE'S NEXT TIME ????

Menards in Webster City, Iowa - Beware of sale marked items.

On more than one occasion, I have caught the price rung up at the regular retail price for sale items marked at lower price on the shelf. Also have bought and returned sale items that had missing or broken parts iwithout notice of the shortage or broken parts before the sale. Now I carry pen and note pad to write down sale prices for reminder at the check out register. It gives credence to the phrase. "Let the buyer be aware". But it shouldn't need to be that way, it is not just sloppy business practice, it borders on fraud.

It's not fraud. It's human error.

If you ever worked for Menards you would see how easy it is to mix up pricing for sale prices. You will always get the correct price if you bring it to their attention. I bet you don't complain when you find an expired sale price that was not taken down. I bet you gladly accept that expired sale price.........

The stuff people complain about is amazing. Most of you wouldn't last 3-months working at Menards dealing with the ignorant consumer base that runs rampant in the USA.

Please if you want better service it starts with you the consumer. An Informed polite consumers will always get better service over an ignorant consumer who runs around with temper tantrums.

Errors are going to happen when working with humans and machines. Sometimes a wrong price is simply an oversight, and as long as the employees are willing to fix the mistake, it shouldn't really be a big deal.

Sometimes it's just a matter of faulty equipment, or maybe the cashier didn't see a sale tag, or the original bar code wasn't covered properly. I just think it's a little extreme to call an obvious pricing error fraud.

View more comments (1)
Not as described/ advertised

Staff Review

I was looking for certain things and i asked about 7 people they only could show me what they thought i was talking about or sent us to a diff department... they dont know where anything is unlessits in there section they work in. Work on the customer service n you guys will be better than your competors.

Menards in Mankato, Minnesota - Excellent service

5.0
I've shopped at menards for 23 years. I've always had the best customer service. A couple times I have had wood delivered and found some boards warped but I called and let them know and with no hesitation menards delivered different boards. The same day. Now that's great service. All departments have been very helpful and have gone out of their way to please me. A big thank you and keep up the great work menards. Customers should also keep in mind. Menards is a very busy place. Sometimes I sure the employees get tired of impatient customers especially the rude ones. I think the employees deal with a lot and I give them all the credit in the world. They r not just employees of menards but also advisers, teachers, and problem solvers for all of shoppers that don't have a clue what there looking for and can't explain the part or supply they need. Thank you menards. You r the best
Good customer service
Tags
  • Paint sales

Menards in Wausau, Wisconsin - Received a damaged door and they refused a exchange

1.6
I wanted to let you know about a very unpleasant experience I had at your Rib Mountain, WI store recently. I purchased a door for my new cabin and when I got it to my cabin I realized the jamb was damaged, there was a scratch in the window and there was a large dent in the panel. I figured that this stuff must happen sometimes and Menards would surely exchange it for another. Boy was I wrong. A manager named Jim refused to take it back. He claimed he had no way to tell if the damage was done by me after I left the store with it. I can assure you that it was never handled by me until the damage was discovered. It was loaded into my truck by Menards employees and I saw the damage before I unloaded it. I tried to return it a few days later but Jim wouldn't allow it. He would only offer me a warranty claim paper but that says its for stuff that is installed. I thought Menards cared about people but I guess I was wrong. Jim was also very arrogant and condescending toward me. He was a down right ***. I just bought this cabin and am planning a major remodel but I have now instructed my builder to not put a single Menards product in my place.

I not only experienced the same problem with the inferior Mastercrap doors they sell but the store manager you delt with sounds just like this *** manager at the Anderson store. They must get their marching orders from the same place.

I pressed hard enough to get an in store credit, and vowed never buy another door from them again. As a matter of fact I vowed to never darken that stores doors again.

I am convinced Menards couldn't care less about the consumer, the so called "guest" turns into the bad guy once the money exchanges hands. I drive considerable away form Menards to purchase building materials, and I also spread the news that Menards manufactures inferior doors.

@Done with Menards

If the problem with your door was so obvious why couldn't you see it at the store? It seems like if their doors were all beat up you wouldn't have bought it the first place. It's funny how you accepted a store credit but will never darken their doors again.

Here is your problem...You pick up a door that the panels and glass are clearly visible to you and don't notice any problems when you pick it up even though you say a "large" dent was there when you went to unload it. Seems a little odd.

Then rather than calling the store as soon as the damage was noticed you wait a few days to take it back. Who knows what may have fallen over in your truck on the door or what fell on it while it was sitting at your cabin.

It's just amazing at how many things leave the store in perfect condition but come back with "damage" that couldn't have happened after the customer left with it. Whether you buy at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot or elsewhere, it's always a good idea to check your product before you leave with it.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Jim maki
  • Service
Loss