Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Menards in West Bend, Wisconsin - Poor customer service

3.0
I was in Menards to buy a water softner for my home. I found the one I wanted and it was on the top shelf. I asked a sales person if he could help me get it down. He said I will call someone and walked away. I waited for 15 minutes and finally went to see if I could find someone else to help me. I found another sales person and she said she would go get a flat cart and be right back. Well I waited another 10 minutes and still no one. Now in all this time that I have been waiting I have seen about 15 employee's walking around or just standing around talking to one another. Finally just went and got a cart my self and loaded it. Then I get to the registers and the check out lady said "your not suppose to be using that cart" I just looked at her and said "well if you had employee's who did their jobs and help people then it would be on the right cart". What is up with the stores now a days? No respect for the customer. If it was not for us then they would not have a job.
MrSharkNasty

Interesting story, it's exactly just that a story. At first you say it's on the top shelf and you needed help to get it down, however eventually you just did it yourself....

How did you magically get it down without help???? Then some how you find a cart you're not allowed to use, which is IMPOSSIBLE. Menards has two types of carts that could be off limits to you, but I can assure you they're not. The odds are even lower that you would randomly find one of these carts because they are ALWAYS IN RECEIVING UNLESS THEY HAVE FREIGHT ON THEM.

HERE'S THE NEXT PROBLEM, water softener is stocked at the front of the store by the doors near the registers!!!!!!! I see no respect issue here for customers. You came across two employees who more than likely got caught up in helping someone else delaying your help. They did not treat you poorly or disrespect you.

15 other employees ignored you, however you just ignored them right back.... Those employees I promise you did not work in that department or they would have charged right over and helped you.

Here's the real problem if your story is in fact true you wasted at least 25 minutes of your life waiting for someone to help you for something you clearly could do yourself! It always amazes me how lazy and STUPlD people are, they would rather stand around forever doing nothing so someone else can do it for them instead of just doing it themselves from the very beginning.

Review
Cons
  • Rude sales personal
Poor customer service
Ordered cabinets from Menards in Cheyenne. We live 60 miles away, 3 trips to get it ordered because only 1 gal could do the ordering. Sink cabinet special-buy 10 cabinets, get a free upgrade. I asked for the tilt down sponge holder (have to have that) but also got...

Menards...... Taking the service out of customer service since they opened their doors.

Menards - Contractor Program Review from Columbia, Maryland

I'm a contractor of 30yrs I was very upset and concerned today when I called my contractor sales rep at massilion oh store this morning to be told there is no longer a contractor program ! How do you as a company who's slogan is (were your supplier not your competition ) expect to portray a real supply / lumber image when 1st it was bonus and commissions were taken from reps then the sore lost boom trucks and limited sales persons to 1-day a week servicing us builders and now this ? Unreal if your just another retail based box store then be honest. ! It's a real shame I really thought this co was a major step above the competitor ? Hello dang home Depo / lowes even have (pro-desk) ! This is a real kick in the gut to your loyal bill paying contractors .

They still offer the same products. You'll just have to stop in the store or shop on-line. The stores that lost the on the road sales reps unfortunately had reps that were cutting deals and doing things they shouldn't have been doing.

1.3
We were in the clearance section of the lawn and garden section of Menard's, over by the flower pots in the clearance section. I found green plastic trays to go under the flower pots, 8", in the clearance section, clearly marked 19 cents. Everything else on the shelf...
MrSharkNasty

Anonymous from Minneapolis, Minnesota said it perfectly. However, I have somethings to add.

YOU WERE FIGHTING OVER PENNIES! THAT'S RIGHT PENNIES, 55 cents vs 19 cents to be exact!!!!!! Are times that hard for you that you need to stand around wasting your time to save 36 cents per unit??

She sighed because this thing happens all the time because of guest flinging items around with ZERO RESPECT to the store and it's workers. Then they have to deal with people like you who are making a big deal about PENNIES!!!!!

Menards Cashier
Cons
  • Customer sevice
  • Rude manager
Let the company propose a solution

Menards in Davison, Michigan - Out of stock

I get the local paper on Friday with your ad in it, I go to the store to get a couple items in that ad two hours after I get the ad and the store is already out. This is your 3 day sale...I say don't advertise if your not going to have a abundance of sale items. We shop in your store a least 3 times a week,i am debating whether or not to just NOT shop in your store. Also some of your employees need a personality,not all but some.It's really a shame writing this letter.
MrSharkNasty

3-day sales are whiles supplies last! It's first come first serve.

If you want these items you need to show up the morning the sale starts or you could risk missing out on these amazing prices. Menards makes nothing on these items, it's just to get people into the store.

Menards is taking all the risk with these sales. In retail if you over buy you die.

The menards store I work at is known for hiding majority of the crazy day items in the pallet racks during the sale then "magically" reappear in stock the day the sale ends. The protects the store management from personal monitory loss. Take your business elsewhere cry baby.

Menards employee for life

@Anonymous

That's highly unlikely and I doubt even close to the truth.

@MrSharkNasty

I'm going to add more. The reason I know this is not being done at your store is because they won't sell at regular price.

The majority of these items are generic special buy items that wouldn't sell well in the first place. I've seen hundreds of crazy-day sale items not sell well or be left over after the sale, they go back to normal price and just sit there for months. Eventually they put them on clearance to a price similar to the crazy-day sale price to get them to move. If your store is STPUlD enough to be doing that they're still losing money if not more.

Crazy-day sale items take up unwanted shelf space and makes for major overstocking inconveniences. Crazy-day sale items like I said up above are to get people into the store, that's it.

The 3 day crazy days sales contain a lot of prices like black Friday. The ad clearly sates limited to stock on hand.

When you see an ad like this you can expect some items to sell out quickly. If you really shop Menards as often as you say you do you would be well aware that they do start withe decent quantities of sale items for these ads.

You should have also seen customers with carts loaded with large quantities of items as well. Can't blame them for having a succesful sale.

View more comments (4)
Order processing issue

Menards in O Fallon, Illinois - Ordered 7300.00 in fencing. Display did not say it was a special order

I spent 7300.00 on my Menards Big card which went on as soon as I ordered it. I have made two payments and still have nothing for it. I am paying interest on something I don't know when I will get. Was suppose to take three weeks. Have called over and over and get the run a round. All I want is my fence so my contractor can install it. They were not at all nice when I called, it was like why are you bothering me. They really don't care if you ever get the merchandise. I think it is very wrong to charge and not come through with the product.

Should have paid cash if you don't want to be charged interest. Also if you go to their marvelous website you can track your order.

Rest assured it will show up but, it comes down to the vendor shipping it out.

When that happens is beyond the guy you called at the store. Maybe you should complain to the fencing company that hasn't delivered your goods.

Review
Cons
  • Special order process
Order processing issue
Tags
  • Big Card Holder Menards

Menards in Wauseon, Ohio - Customer Service and satisafaction at Menard's

My daughter ordered flooring for her opened concept kitchen dining room area 400 SQ feet. They had to special order the flooring as they do not keep it in stock. When the flooring finally arrived the installer got the floor ready and started to install the flooring and it was the wrong size, entered incorrectly at Menard's. So they reordered. this was like they last of April or First of May her initial date for installation was May 8. When they reordered they told her it would be June 15, all this time her refrigerator is sitting in the middle of her living room. They just received the floor and now they called her to say someone punched *** in the flooring so once again it has to be reordered. This is like a $2000.00 plus job!!!! and now she is waiting again. I would like comments on how other people think this matter should be handled.

$20 or $20,000. The guy handling it probably makes less than $10 an hour and just needs some more training.

Plus it sounds like you didn't read your special order contract to assure the product will be correct when shipped. If this step was taken you wouldn't be walking on a bare floor that was torn up before the product was verified to be correct.

Its easy to put all the blame on somebody if you're narrow-minded. It's just as much your fault.

Get a therapist and talk to your doctor about Lyrica.

View more comments (1)
Menards Customer Care
Let the company propose a solution

Menards in Jefferson City, Missouri - Exchange policy is terrible

A 92 cent piece of floor tile that was the wrong shade was in with the other tiles I purchased. I wanted to exchange it, but was refused because the receipt I had listed a box of tiles that were not the same color. The supervisor in the Jefferson City store was rude and would not let me exchange it without the proper receipt. I have since spent over 100k for materials for houses, none of the money will ever go to Menards. I'm surprised they are still in business. They will never get another cent from me and I will always to my best to see that they lose business when I talk to others about their policy.
MrSharkNasty

What is the problem? You did not have proper verification that you purchased this item so Menards could not take it back!

It's a simple concept. People like to steal items and try to return them for cash, having the proper receipt prevents this from happening. Why should Menards just take your word for it? Would you take their word for it the situation was reversed?

Home Depot and Lowes would do the same thing. Get over yourself you entitled American Baby.

Fine go Home Depot and lowes. That's just gives us more time to loiter in the store and talk to fine female coworkers while customers walk around frustrated and aimlessly looking for my hiding spots.

Menards employee for life

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Will not go back to menards
  • Head manager
  • Terrible customer service
Apology from store employee

Menards - Customer Care Review from Mishawaka, Indiana

Lumber was cheaper at another Menards location. Manager finally gave it to us at that price but not before stating that they wouldnt match if they lost money. Alsohad an 89 year old man loading lumber while fourworkers stood and watched. Horrible customer service.

Maybe the 89 year old man didn't want help ant the 4 coworkers were amazed that he refused their help. I would also like to know how you got his age???

But besides the speculation, do you go to a grocery store and expect their milk to be the same price as across the county?

It does cost money to transport things and that comes down to how much it costs you. Or just buy it where its cheaper and haul it yourself.

At my menards store we have 3 rules regarding customer service in the yard. 1.

"take the money" although that primary applies to the cashiers. 2. playing pocket pool always supersedes customer service.

3. if you see a customer struggling to load merchandise always secretly watch from an area where they won't see you and your gaggle of co workers loitering aimlessly.

So very sorry to you, and the 89 year old man that was loading the product for you. On the other hand, those four workers should be getting fired on the spot for not doing their jobs. How disrespectful and inconsiderate of those young employees that could not only get the job done faster, but our customers should not be loading the Product/Lumber into the vehicles themselves.

View more comments (2)
Menards Customer Care
1.1
A couple of years ago, I moved to Indiana with family after not being able to find work in Arkansas. I looked for work in the area, and received a callback after applying at a local Menard's. I went, did the interview, and received a second callback to interview with...

Menards stores are dingy *** holes and the guy that started Menards has been sued for sexual extortion in the past.

Menards Sales Manager
Sexist hiring process
Preferred solution
Stop being sexist. Check out a nearby Lowe's for how you should be treating employees. Fire Kim?
Tags