Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Menards in Davison, Michigan - Out of stock

I get the local paper on Friday with your ad in it, I go to the store to get a couple items in that ad two hours after I get the ad and the store is already out. This is your 3 day sale...I say don't advertise if your not going to have a abundance of sale items. We shop in your store a least 3 times a week,i am debating whether or not to just NOT shop in your store. Also some of your employees need a personality,not all but some.It's really a shame writing this letter.
MrSharkNasty

3-day sales are whiles supplies last! It's first come first serve.

If you want these items you need to show up the morning the sale starts or you could risk missing out on these amazing prices. Menards makes nothing on these items, it's just to get people into the store.

Menards is taking all the risk with these sales. In retail if you over buy you die.

The menards store I work at is known for hiding majority of the crazy day items in the pallet racks during the sale then "magically" reappear in stock the day the sale ends. The protects the store management from personal monitory loss. Take your business elsewhere cry baby.

Menards employee for life

@Anonymous

That's highly unlikely and I doubt even close to the truth.

@MrSharkNasty

I'm going to add more. The reason I know this is not being done at your store is because they won't sell at regular price.

The majority of these items are generic special buy items that wouldn't sell well in the first place. I've seen hundreds of crazy-day sale items not sell well or be left over after the sale, they go back to normal price and just sit there for months. Eventually they put them on clearance to a price similar to the crazy-day sale price to get them to move. If your store is STPUlD enough to be doing that they're still losing money if not more.

Crazy-day sale items take up unwanted shelf space and makes for major overstocking inconveniences. Crazy-day sale items like I said up above are to get people into the store, that's it.

The 3 day crazy days sales contain a lot of prices like black Friday. The ad clearly sates limited to stock on hand.

When you see an ad like this you can expect some items to sell out quickly. If you really shop Menards as often as you say you do you would be well aware that they do start withe decent quantities of sale items for these ads.

You should have also seen customers with carts loaded with large quantities of items as well. Can't blame them for having a succesful sale.

View more comments (4)
Order processing issue

Menards in O Fallon, Illinois - Ordered 7300.00 in fencing. Display did not say it was a special order

I spent 7300.00 on my Menards Big card which went on as soon as I ordered it. I have made two payments and still have nothing for it. I am paying interest on something I don't know when I will get. Was suppose to take three weeks. Have called over and over and get the run a round. All I want is my fence so my contractor can install it. They were not at all nice when I called, it was like why are you bothering me. They really don't care if you ever get the merchandise. I think it is very wrong to charge and not come through with the product.

Should have paid cash if you don't want to be charged interest. Also if you go to their marvelous website you can track your order.

Rest assured it will show up but, it comes down to the vendor shipping it out.

When that happens is beyond the guy you called at the store. Maybe you should complain to the fencing company that hasn't delivered your goods.

Review
Cons
  • Special order process
Order processing issue
Tags
  • Big Card Holder Menards

Menards in Wauseon, Ohio - Customer Service and satisafaction at Menard's

My daughter ordered flooring for her opened concept kitchen dining room area 400 SQ feet. They had to special order the flooring as they do not keep it in stock. When the flooring finally arrived the installer got the floor ready and started to install the flooring and it was the wrong size, entered incorrectly at Menard's. So they reordered. this was like they last of April or First of May her initial date for installation was May 8. When they reordered they told her it would be June 15, all this time her refrigerator is sitting in the middle of her living room. They just received the floor and now they called her to say someone punched *** in the flooring so once again it has to be reordered. This is like a $2000.00 plus job!!!! and now she is waiting again. I would like comments on how other people think this matter should be handled.

$20 or $20,000. The guy handling it probably makes less than $10 an hour and just needs some more training.

Plus it sounds like you didn't read your special order contract to assure the product will be correct when shipped. If this step was taken you wouldn't be walking on a bare floor that was torn up before the product was verified to be correct.

Its easy to put all the blame on somebody if you're narrow-minded. It's just as much your fault.

Get a therapist and talk to your doctor about Lyrica.

Menards in Jefferson City, Missouri - Exchange policy is terrible

A 92 cent piece of floor tile that was the wrong shade was in with the other tiles I purchased. I wanted to exchange it, but was refused because the receipt I had listed a box of tiles that were not the same color. The supervisor in the Jefferson City store was rude and would not let me exchange it without the proper receipt. I have since spent over 100k for materials for houses, none of the money will ever go to Menards. I'm surprised they are still in business. They will never get another cent from me and I will always to my best to see that they lose business when I talk to others about their policy.
MrSharkNasty

What is the problem? You did not have proper verification that you purchased this item so Menards could not take it back!

It's a simple concept. People like to steal items and try to return them for cash, having the proper receipt prevents this from happening. Why should Menards just take your word for it? Would you take their word for it the situation was reversed?

Home Depot and Lowes would do the same thing. Get over yourself you entitled American Baby.

Fine go Home Depot and lowes. That's just gives us more time to loiter in the store and talk to fine female coworkers while customers walk around frustrated and aimlessly looking for my hiding spots.

Menards employee for life

Review
Cons
  • Will not go back to menards
  • Terrible customer service
  • Head manager
Apology from store employee

Menards - Customer Care Review from Mishawaka, Indiana

Lumber was cheaper at another Menards location. Manager finally gave it to us at that price but not before stating that they wouldnt match if they lost money. Alsohad an 89 year old man loading lumber while fourworkers stood and watched. Horrible customer service.

Maybe the 89 year old man didn't want help ant the 4 coworkers were amazed that he refused their help. I would also like to know how you got his age???

But besides the speculation, do you go to a grocery store and expect their milk to be the same price as across the county?

It does cost money to transport things and that comes down to how much it costs you. Or just buy it where its cheaper and haul it yourself.

At my menards store we have 3 rules regarding customer service in the yard. 1.

"take the money" although that primary applies to the cashiers. 2. playing pocket pool always supersedes customer service.

3. if you see a customer struggling to load merchandise always secretly watch from an area where they won't see you and your gaggle of co workers loitering aimlessly.

So very sorry to you, and the 89 year old man that was loading the product for you. On the other hand, those four workers should be getting fired on the spot for not doing their jobs. How disrespectful and inconsiderate of those young employees that could not only get the job done faster, but our customers should not be loading the Product/Lumber into the vehicles themselves.

View more comments (2)
1.1
A couple of years ago, I moved to Indiana with family after not being able to find work in Arkansas. I looked for work in the area, and received a callback after applying at a local Menard's. I went, did the interview, and received a second callback to interview with...

Menards stores are dingy *** holes and the guy that started Menards has been sued for sexual extortion in the past.

View more comments
Sexist hiring process
Preferred solution
Stop being sexist. Check out a nearby Lowe's for how you should be treating employees. Fire Kim?
Tags
  • Cashier

Menards in San Francisco, California - Illinois T-Shirt & Rude unhelpful people..

purchased Ill T-Shirt @ Menards store#3254,clerk said runs tite,MED should be OK, I asked to chek other stores for SMALL, found 40 of size small @ #3523,asked them to hold 1 out for me to swap(Already pd for MED),they said they don't do such..when I got to store #3523 (15-20miles) plbg mgr CHUCK curtly shrugged ,said they have none & refused to look @ backstock at all, tho Allan & Dan were trying....Result=1 VERY disappointed Grad(REALLY LOVED SHIRT, & GRANPA)PLUS 1 HIGHLY IRATE, FURIOUS patron after being told "we have 40 small,no holds",long drive distance & arrogant mgr (NOT 1st time this 1 or other mgrs. have been surly @ this store, maybe too many hrs...earlms@att.net
MrSharkNasty

Well it's true Menards is not suppose to hold items for anyone. This policy was put into writing back in 2010/2011.

It's first come first serve. The reason this policy was put into place was because people would have items put on hold then not show up for these items costing Menards sales and taking up unwanted space in unwanted areas. Easily 1 out of 3 people would never show up for their held items, another 1 out of 3 would just go and grab the item off the shelf. Do you know what that means?

Items are constantly being put on hold for someone who is never going to pick up that item and possibly losing the store money. I have a solution to your trivial complaint! It involves using the internet, you clearly know how to do that because you found this website right? All you needed to do was go to the Menards website select the correct store where the shirts were at and purchase them guaranteeing you the item!

This is the ultimate compromise, both you and Menards WINS! I have another sensible solution, but I'm not sure your intellect would have ever considered this. Menards is not the only place that sells Illinois TShirts!

Again you could have easily used the internet and found a shirt that works for you! /GASP!

Try getting some vocabulary skills...wow!

Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Menards in Litchfield, Ohio - 11percent rebate

I feel someone takes people's rebate money.I bought my grandson Polar express train.I shipped to Texas.I was supposed to get a $75 rebate check back.I Never seen it. I called and was told they had no way to know what happened to it.I just did another rebate of maybe $30,have also not seen it. With it coming as a postcard,anyone can take it.Your 11percent rebate makes me come into your store.I am retired and have a fixed income.But felt with a rebate I would shop.Its so sad that you can't do something different.Maybe show proof you are who you say you are.I feel I'm not the only one this has happened to.
MrSharkNasty

It's your mailman, google it! This has happen before. It even caused Menards to put a policy to check ID before the use of a large rebates because of all the thefts from mailmen.

Review
Pros
  • Generally favorable shopping
  • Total store
  • Total storel
Rebates

Menards in Racine, Wisconsin - Rebate

All I want to ask is why the mail in rebate is a norm at Menard stores? This rebate is so *** to have unless a person purchases a large item.Most customers buy 1 or 2 items that cost around 10 dollars which means they get a whole dollar eleven cents when all is said and done.Let's see,a stamp today is 53 cents and envelopes cost money and so does a persons time,so after you take the time out of your day to mail it in you end up with 58 cents to go back to Menards and spend that,how ***! Until they stop that 11% rebate I will take my business to Home Depot!!

I agree I will not shop there with their *** rebate program, where what you get is not a rebate but a store credit. just take the 11% off at time of purchase. going to home depot from now on

@Dan

It is a rebate actually, just because you don't know what "rebate" means doesn't change that fact. It is not a cash rebate, nor does it advertise as such.

#992074

1. My store's average sale per guest is over $75.

2. The rebate program brings people back into the store. 3. I think you place too much value on your time...

Mailing my rebates takes me a total of 5 minutes out of a month. It's your choice to mail it or not, so your complaint is worthless.

Go ahead and shop at home depot with or without the 11% rebate menards still has better prices so your causing yourself to lose money

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Rebate program
  • Will not go back to menards
Pricing issue

Menards - Staff Review from Rochester, Minnesota

I was today at menars south rochester mn, and I paid my products by the garden door. I decided to go back inside the store and Iexit to the front door., so was close to my car,. And I saw a lady coming and her face was like disgusting, she asking for my receipt, and I told her why, she saidbecause no one checked my receipt by the door and she so mean. I have been so many times to this store and never I had see someone to check receipts, She make me felt like a robber I think that is why they have alarm if someone stilling, and I felt so frustraded because she was sure i not paid.

I sense a bit of asian here...

LadyScot

They were doing their jobs. The only people who complain about this are those who are doing something wrong.

Next time enjoy the fresh air and exit the doors by the registers you check out at rather than walking back through the store. Why wouldn't they want to check your receipts if your are walking past the registers without stopping? If you owned a store I bet you'd do the same thing.

At least we know you didn't steal a dictionary

View more comments (3)