Menards - Mistake on Kitchen Design Cost Me More Money
I spent over $13,000 on a kitchen remodel and bought my cabinets at the exasperating Evansville, Indiana store.The so-called designer made an error on the CAD drawing which forced me to spend more money on additional cabinets and brought construction to a halt for 3 weeks.
Then, regarding the cabinets they should NOT have put on the order, I got "No ma'am, you absolutely cannot return those two cabinets, they were special order." They also lost the entire computer file (read here - most likely deleted it when they saw they made the error because the guy got up and left the area for a few minutes to go to another computer, returned, and after "searching" for a while, said it was gone. Yes I still have the printout of the file though). They refuse to admit they made a mistake, and the store manager, C. M., is a *** who only cares about covering his own rear end and tells "Guest Services" he talked this over with me several times with the resolution that I didn't want to return the unnecessary cabinets.
He called ONE time and that was nearly 6 weeks after the cabinets came in. Also, the Eau Claire Guest Services will "only do business by mail".....snail mail. They don't thoroughly read the mail you send them, so their answers are inane and uninformed. They also did not respond to the BBB complaint until 3 weeks after the case was closed.
Completely frustrating, unbelievable indifference, and outright denial. Even after numerous letters of explanation of the problem, Guest Services still was saying it was a manufacturer's problem. Now that the Attorney General is involved, they are saying they offered to take them back and I said no, but when I asked for that in writing, they refused.
NEVER NEVER NEVER again.My contractor referred his next remodel to another store after seeing what lousy service Menard's has.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My polite letter to Sears Executive Customer Service Reps... Let's see if they back their consumer!! "I am writing in regards to my order - wrong item delivered, delivery 1.5 hours late..."
- "I am writing to you about an incident that happened to my 2 year old son at the Danvers, MA Costco. On April 12th, my son and I were..."
- "When i reach the counter, I asked the aunty politely if they have enough for a cash back. She bluntly ignored me. So I asked her the same question again..."
- "I purchased a large dog crate from rural king Sunday July 6th around 4pm from the rural king on st. Joe Evansville Indiana . We bought it for a pit..."
- "I bought two pocket hoses. One of 25' on August 3, 2013 and another one of 50' in July 20, 2013. I paid for both $29.97 without tax. Both..."
- "Received item. This "women's large" wouldn't fit a large 6 year old! Was told large in our country was different from large in their country and sizing measurements..."
- "Delivered my refrigerator and scratched it in the process. All inwanted for them to fix it. They refused. They also broke a screw that they say they fixed but im..."
- "They said they would award me generously extra points so I could do some shopping... well they rewarded me an extra 3 dollars even though I paid 10 for shipping......"
- "Please some one help i bought 2 bedsets from farmingdale location in march 2015.king bed came without middle supporting legs. And missing night stand.call customers service like god 18 times.can..."