Menards - Military Discount

710 of 1072 Menards Reviews

My husband and I went to Menards in Quincy,Il.on Nov.

24th. We have done a lot of shopping there since they opened this year. We got to the check outs and were told that there is no more military discount. They said it was discrimination.

I guess the only ones complaining were the ones that didn't serve their country.Put your life on the line then you would also get the dicount.We will be shopping at Lowe's again. We told them about no discount and they couldn't beleive it.

I hope whoever decdied to do away with the discount doesn't need the help on the military or any other man or women who puts their life on the line everyday for us.Memards you should be ashamed of yourself!!!!!!!!!My husband says you are cheap *** in his book!!!!!!!

d5d02d6 review #209664
5 Helpful? 1
Had the same issue3 Comments19 Report
710 of 1072 Menards Reviews
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review about this company

Sep 10, 2013 Middleburg Heights, Ohio

I have been a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years now. I cannot tell how many family functions, gatherings, holidays I have missed or been extremely late to due to fighting a house fire, pulling injured people out of destroyed cars, or done CPR for 45 minutes to an hour only to tell a family I am sorry about your loss. No one owes me anything for doing any of this. My family support me 100%. Much in the way families of service men and women support their kin. Thank you for your service, but don't expect anything handed to you these days.

amberjohns24

Feb 06, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

meganmills, your a piece of garbage who obviously has never served this country, and your *** and retarded, no one would want to give a lazy *** like you any discount and im surprized you even have a job you piece of trash

MeganMills

Sep 27, 2011

Stop biatching you cheap biastards. You got payed when you were in the army didn't you? So shut the f up. no one gives me a discount for showing up to work.

amberjohns24

Feb 06, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

you wouldnt last one minute in boot camp you sorry, no good lazy in bred, your post was in 2011, i bet you dont even have a job anymore you worthless drag on the economy, how dare you say anything negative about anyone who has served this country. menards should give military people a discount just like they do the employees

Jim

May 31, 2011

I think some are missing the point. Some Menards stores offer military discount and some don't. For example Lima Ohio does and Tipp City Doesn't. When I asked they said that it is discrimation to give military a discount and not others. Oh, they do offer an employee discount. Is that discrimation? I don't discount that police and fire put their life on the line but last time I checked they weren't being deployed for up to 18 months at a time away from their families.

fdsgfdg

Feb 20, 2011

Currently menards DOES OFF THE DISCOUNT...

TO ACTIVE DUTY!!!! YOU MUST SHOW ID!

Charly's Grandma

Jan 30, 2011

WOW! Because of our military, Menards is able to discontinue the discount AND you are able to voice your opinion in this forum.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Thankful

Jan 29, 2011

I too was disappointed that Menards dropped the military a discount. However, this is a business decision alone. I am ashamed that some feel they are "owed" a discount. The military discount has saved me nearly $2,000 over the past few years and I appreciate Menards for it.

Big D

Jan 12, 2011

If you want a discount bad enough then find a way--I have been both military and contractor. Menards is a company trying to make it happen--Grow up or take up cage fighting. In other words get in the fight or get run over..
ps-if you don't get resolution at the store then try a corporate contact--or even better write them. Nuff said

auto tech

Dec 18, 2010

what the ####? I'm a auto tech and I buy tools all the time should Sears give me a discount. Yeal right! :cry

i like you md

Dec 16, 2010

i like you alot md

MD

Dec 11, 2010

I am a veteran and current service member. Nobody owes me a thing for my service. I serve proudly and expect nothing in return. Menard's doesn't owe me a discount. I did enjoy it when they offered it, but it ins't a big deal that they discontinued it. If I want the discount, I can go to Lowes or Home Depot. That is the freedom that we have in our country.

nobody

Dec 08, 2010

stop crying about not getting a discount, police and firefighters put their lives on the line everyday and I dont hear them asking for a discount, why do you think you are so special??

RSM

Dec 06, 2010

BB, you are one of the contractors over in Iraq that get paid up to 10X what our military gets, and have the guts to complain about it? ***.

skdjkdkj

Dec 03, 2010

I find it funny that you think the store OWES you a discount, and by the way Menards has cheaper prices than Lowes and Home Depot, so it really isn't price matching because they already have the lower prices.

Veteran

Sep 10, 2013 Kokomo, Indiana

Not true! Lowes price was the same as Menards, then they gave Military 10 percentage discount.

El Ray

Dec 03, 2010

Isn't it amazing how much you can learn off of the internet?

Patriot

Dec 02, 2010

Do police officers get a discount? Doctors? Firemen? Teachers? Volunteers? I could go on and on. There are millions of people in the world that give back to this country. There is no draft anymore. What you do with your life is your choice. I am thankful for all americans that give back to our country. I guess im not sure why a retail discount just for folks in the military makes any sense.....

BB

Dec 02, 2010

worked in irag getting shot at a bombs going off all around me and im not militery. i dont get no discounts from nobody us.gov and no one. so go cry to your mama. the store is right. go menards. contractor 2 years 10 months convoy truck driver.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.