Menards Rebates are a joke/ripoff.

701 of 1126 Menards Reviews

We purchased a Maytag washer and dryer from Menards.One reason why we purchased them here was we did recieve a deal on the dryer which was a floor model and had a dent in the front.

We got a $150 on each item purchased. Now here is the parts that I am pissed off about. 1. It takes 6 to 8 weeks to get the mail-in rebate!

Why should it take such a long time? Why couldn't they put the money (that has to be spent in their store) on a MENARDS gift card? After waiting 8 weeks for the rebate it comes to our house in the form of a post card, not in a enevelope so anyone saw it could see that it was a rebate for $300.00. All that was on the reverse side was a place for a signature.

With these types of business policies who is to say that the cashier would actually ask for I.D?I do love going to MENARDS but I feel they need to rethink their whole rebate system.

1245da4d review #238776
5 8 Helpful?
Had the same issue3 Comments11
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review about this company
701 of 1126 Menards Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
mscichi

Mar 28 Crystal Lake, Illinois

I agree the REBATE is a JOKE and only fools are sucked in by their advertising..... They proudly tout on live adds Save 11% etc. etc.... when in fact they charge regular price at the register and print on the receipt you have to complete and mail a rebate form to get the 11% and you have to go find the rebate form because it isn't near the registers... then you get the form to find out all the other ***, 6-8 weeks, only merchandise credit so guess what you have to use it at Menards..... Scam, fake sale, close to illegal probably just following the minimum of the law.... certainly not customer friendly..... Avoid this retailer until they follow other rules of retailing, honest sales with nothing to do but pay the final price at the register..... How many of you fools didn't get the rebate to fill out, didn't mail it in, didn't get a discount???

Mar 28 Minneapolis, Minnesota

I don't know why you call it a scam, fake sale and close to illegal. They aren't hiding anything. All the signs say the rebate is in the form of a store credit. Almost anywhere you send in a rebate you see 6-8 weeks on the form. I usually get mine quicker than that.

Oct 30, 2014

this surprises me ,,I have always gotten my rebates, unless I filled out the wrong rebate slip. or mailed it to late.

bandman1967

Mar 04, 2014

Menards is a cheap company run by a cheapskate. Their lousy checks are on postcards and can be signed by anyone since they are postcards with no need for id checking. And think you can contact them in person or on the phone. Forget it. They want an e-mail. The bastards send out all the rebates with an independent firm. Go to Lowes or Home depot. Menards is worthless and are cheapskates. I agree they should be legit and give the money back right away.

Shopper1

Feb 04, 2013 Grand Rapids, Michigan

I love Menards as well and recently spent some big bucks at Menards while the last 11% off everything sale was in progress. It took about a month for about $400.00 in rebate checks to arrive and yes they were on just a *** postcard that anyone could sign I agree! This really needs to be refunded in a different manner and to boot have a small $10.00 2 gal paint refund hung up in the system shows received 11/26/12 and no phone number to contact them to ask why. When I asked in the store they just said sorry that the rebate thing is a subcontracted deal and they have no way to contact them either. Not good!

Yourschmoopy2

Sep 19, 2011

I am having a problem with one of my rebate checks being used in a store in another state by someone else. I am having difficulty getting resolution on this and will continue to try to resolve it. I did talk to the store I usually shop in and they may be able to help so I will go that route.
I do have to say that I rebate ALOT especially with Menard's and it is rare that it takes that long to get a rebate. It's usually more like 2 weeks. I do agree that they should require identification to use the rebates and they don't unless you use three at one time. This is a little ridiculous, it should always be required. I believe Menard's uses a rebate clearing company called Rebates International so they probably don't care as much about resolving the issues. A letter to Menard's directly or talking to the GM's may be a better solution.
I will continue to rebate but will watch them closely.

Yourschmoopy2

Sep 19, 2011

I will continue to rebate but will watch them closely.

Ekvall

Sep 19, 2011

They claim someone all ready claimed my rebate! See letter below!

The transaction information on the receipt copy you provided for rebate #5936 32” Sceptre LCD TV was submitted by an individual. We only process original rebate receipts and the full quantities purchased were paid out. I am unclear as to how this individual could get your original receipts; however, based on these findings we must decline your request for further rebate monies due. Should you happen to find another receipt showing the same program numbers, please forward a copy to our department and we will do our best to pay you what you are due.

El Ray

May 30, 2011

Nobody's asking you to be a hero.

menards shopper

May 23, 2011

I have never had an issue with menards rebates, i find them to be the best of any retailer, 6 to 8 weeks seems like an oddity in my experience

mbt2011

May 21, 2011

menards does not issue the rebate coupons the manufacture does so if we just issued them right on the spot we would not get rembursed for the rebate, also you have to remember that not every one does rebates so the store makes money off of the people that do not do the rebates. otherwise the stuff that is free after rebate we would be loseing tons of money on

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.