Menards, Forest King 22 Ton log splitter JUNK
Update added by user Oct 02, 2012
Hello, all who purchased the Forest King Log Splitter from Menards.Here is the scoop on what I did.
I took it back withing the 30 day period. They (Menards) tried to screw me around with this but the gave in later. It comes down to the old saying. The Squeaky wheel will get the grease.
But if you used your splitter for some time then you need to get it fixed through Menards and they will tell you were you can take it.
If you cannot find the manual for yours. I find that if your temper doesn\'t flare and your direct to the point with Menards they will satisfy your issues. Also the Log Splitter has a Spline problem or did have. The company that built them is aware of it and will send you what you need to repair it.
Trust me on that one. In my case I wanted a better product not one built in China. Seems to be a big problem these days.
Go vote and keep working.Don\'t bend into the entitled ways of life.
Original review posted by user Feb 21, 2012
Purchased this Log splitter from Menards three weeks ago. I was told its made in California. There was no information saying other wise anywhere. Then the add says some assembly required. It should have said most of the Assembly is required and take two people to complete.
The worse part is the hoses are poor quality. They are leaking oil due to the design.
The welds on mine are poor and some cracked off already after 6 hours. Yesterday the splitter engine to pump connection disintigrated while running. So its down.
So Don't buy it pay a bit more.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Why do huge Menard's company jets fly into Marquette several times a month.And why does Menard's have a fleet of at least 9 airplanes - including several big jets.The big..."
- "Below are pictures of plantation shutters that I ordered from Lowes in Knoxville Tn off of Chapman Highway( which they sub contracted blind ambitions) This is the 6th pair that..."
- "as I was using this flashlight the small bulb inside came loose I had this flashlight approximately 4 to 5 months I returned to Menard's in Bismarck, North Dakota store..."
- "I made an online appointment to file my taxes with the H&R Block near me. The H&R Block office I went to is 4020 W. North Ave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin...."
- "I called Jomashop again - same day - 5/6/2016 as directed by the rude cutomer rep "Izhak" an hour after he told me to, as his manager "Roee" stated that..."
- "Can I give 0 or negative rating? Worst ever material. I really cannot wear at least once.. Poorest quality fabric and wrong stitching. It is going to be torn apart..."
- "We purchased a new mattress and box springs from Mattress one and it did not last more than three months. I'm still paying them for a product that is doing..."
- "I had never heard of eDreams before yesterday, imagine my surprise when I found flights home during August for half of what Kayak had listed... well the as the old..."
- "I took my Dodge Durango to Pep Boys on May 6th. The store location is 902 N. Imperial Ave. in El Centro, Ca, phone number (760)353-8565. I started with the..."