Menards, Forest King 22 Ton log splitter JUNK
Update added by user Oct 02, 2012
Hello, all who purchased the Forest King Log Splitter from Menards.Here is the scoop on what I did.
I took it back withing the 30 day period. They (Menards) tried to screw me around with this but the gave in later. It comes down to the old saying. The Squeaky wheel will get the grease.
But if you used your splitter for some time then you need to get it fixed through Menards and they will tell you were you can take it.
If you cannot find the manual for yours. I find that if your temper doesn\'t flare and your direct to the point with Menards they will satisfy your issues. Also the Log Splitter has a Spline problem or did have. The company that built them is aware of it and will send you what you need to repair it.
Trust me on that one. In my case I wanted a better product not one built in China. Seems to be a big problem these days.
Go vote and keep working.Don\'t bend into the entitled ways of life.
Original review posted by user Feb 21, 2012
Purchased this Log splitter from Menards three weeks ago. I was told its made in California. There was no information saying other wise anywhere. Then the add says some assembly required. It should have said most of the Assembly is required and take two people to complete.
The worse part is the hoses are poor quality. They are leaking oil due to the design.
The welds on mine are poor and some cracked off already after 6 hours. Yesterday the splitter engine to pump connection disintigrated while running. So its down.
So Don't buy it pay a bit more.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The recommended age was 15 and up, the exact age group being recruited by Isis. This costume shows a frightening similarity to the terrorists that have been plotting..."
- "February 24, we received delivery of our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator from Searsâ€™s delivery. When plugged it made a loud, continuous noise. A replacement refrigerator is scheduled for delivery..."
- "On December 25th 2010, my then boyfriend proposed to me. The ring was beautiful, a bit big but beautiful. I got compliments on it daily. However, when we did decide..."
- "Be very careful if you make payments using your Guaranty Bank account or debit card information. Even if you out out of their overdraft coverage they WILL NOT decline payments..."
- "I and many other consumers refuse to eat at any of your restaurants until you change the direction of your advertising/ marketing scheme. I find it obnoxious and in bad..."
- "Wanted to ascertain how much it would be to add a day to our upcoming trip. First tried to use the "we will call you back and you won't lose..."
- "Siendo cliente de Golden Corral, fui atendido por Minerva, una de los "manager", lastimosamente recibi el peor de tratos como cliente, me lleve una gran sorpresa cuando me quejaba por..."
- "Bought a pair of men's shoes over the holidays. By March, they were coming apart at the seams, literally. They were sent back to Coach for replacement by..."
- "I use Younique since 2 months now. I had no problems what so ever... There are pricy but like we say the *** is always cheaper than quality. My only..."