Just exposing the truth about Menards.Menards requires employees in management postions to sign yearly contracts.
The contracts are basically signed under durress as they include unethical procedures. For instance, they require a General Manager and Assitant Geneal Manager to work a minimum of 55 hours per week. It also releases Menards from any liability if the employee is any form of accident from lack of sleep because they worked until 11pm and had to open the store at 5am. There is also a clause that states that if the employee leaves Menards, they can't work for a competior otherwise they are subject to a fine of $10,000.00 to Menards.
I could go on about the contract but imagine that a copy of the contract will make its way onto the internet soon. For anyone that want to say that Menards promises big bonuses to offset their hourly GM and AGM hourly cap of $14.68 per hour...don't count on it. Menards has tendancy to change their method of computing bounuses at any moment and when the time comes to hand out bonuses, they will be smaller than they were promised. Even if your store is profitable and exceeding finacial requirement originally set in place.
Also, the weekly bonuses payroll bonuses are a joke. Insted of making the weekly $40 -$100 weekly payroll bonus, Menards will probably deduct $40-$100 from your paycheck.
(Not leagal according to our lawyer) If you don't believe me, just ask a GM at Home Depot or Lowes as they probably left Menards for a better salary and better health benefits.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Employment Contracts
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I looked up the status of my rebate and the total amount should have been $100 ($10 for each door, purchased 10 doors). You issued a check 9/17/15 for $60.00..."
- "Fall 2011, we purchased six interior 6-panel PRE-painted doors from Menard's. We paid $25 extra per door as I thought it would be worth my time not to have..."
- "We recently purchased two windows by special order from Menards Rochester North in MN. Those two windows costed us $1442.62. When we picked up the windows, we immediately noticed..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "3 PC. Living room set has been constantly peeling and falling apart set is less than 2 years old purchased in November of 2013 called salesman 5 months ago got..."
- "scotts destroyed my lawn by overstressing it and refuses to replant my grass. Instead, they airated a wet lawn,and then threw grass seed and fertiliser on the dead lawn. Of course..."
- "To Whom it May Concern: My experience with Aspen has been the single most worst experience I have ever had with a medical/dental provider. And my continued problems since that visit..."
- "Every other week for years- I would rip open a package of fresh Double Stuf OREOS, fill my 1LB glass jar, seal the rubber lid clasp... and eat the poor..."
- "I will tell you - company support is horrible. Company game is full of bugs. And most of all, they punish others for their own incompetence. I've played close to..."