Garbarge Snow Blower and Menards will not refund my money

100 of 1029 Menards Reviews
Feb 05
review #474423

I live in Minneapolis!I purchase a brand new snow blower / Never used it and was told because I added gas they won't take it back....

how else to test something that require qas without adding gas. Took it to the "small engine" repair shop and they had mulitiple others just like the one I purchased who also added gas (joke on the customer for not doing the homework on this product). I have spend thousands of $$ on my property and my rental properties at Menards.

Never again....Home Depot and Lowes will match Menards prices and that is where I will shop if I DON'T GIVE MY MONEY BACK!

9c3cd04
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
100 of 1029 Menards Reviews
The REAL Heartless

Mar 17 Green Bay, Wisconsin

I see I need to change my name altogether now because you losers keep pretending to be me. But no one can be me Like I am. I have the tattoos to prove it to. Just come in to my store in Green Bay and I'll show you. I would be a manager by now, but I don't want to be because they have to put up with too much carp from all you idiots out there. Ya, that's right I said "carp" because I love fishing too. So stop all your whining and go somewhere's else if'n you don't like it.

The Real Heartless

Mar 17

I had ya'll fooled! I am THE REAL Heartless! and I'm dealing with a nasty bout of PMS! hahaa hoooeeeeee :zzz ..

Evelyn83

Feb 11

We got our brand new snowblower back and it was missing a part that should have been installed from the manufacture. The problem is we the consumer is responsible to transport this heavy equipment to a warranty location. Consumers should not have to pay (time/gas) to haul a new item from the box to a repair shop. I do not want this item that is not put together correctly from the start. What happen to keeping the customer happy?

Fed up

Feb 11 Minneapolis, Minnesota

believe me most menards stores are terrible. I have shopped at least 6 different menards, all of them sell foreign made engines and it is hard to find anything made in America throughout the entire store. This menards employee, heartless, is a perfect example of the type of individual who works for menards. He obviously can't get a good job anywhere else, it's sad what menards has done to this guy, he is really loosing it. First he says one thing positive about the miserable place where he works then he defends its policies?What are we to think? I think we should all take note, this is typical behavior for customer service at all menards stores. If you don't want service after the sale, shop at menards and lose big money.

Pete

Feb 10 Fremont, Nebraska

Menards in Fremont Nebraska is horrible. Management needs imservice in public relations and customer service. Beware!

The real heartless

Feb 08 Shelbyville, Indiana

Well I see someone is using my name again, that's OK! I have been busy re-writing the guest/ manager manual. I have been in constant contact with all managers across the Midwest. I have spoke with the manager at this store on question, he says he did talk to you and offered a full refund on the snow blower, why haven't you responded? Come by my store and I will contact the store manager to get this settled. I know foreign engines can be difficult to get serviced. menards buys in bulk from China so you can save big money. when the engine fails we look at it as a throw away product anyway. I hope everyone is buying Obamacare healthcare, we have to make this work people.

Heartless

Feb 07 Eau Claire, Wisconsin

You people are totally CLUELESS even that imposter below me. Menards employes are not qualified to diagnose if it's consumer caused issue or a defect in the machine. This return policy is a manufactures recommendation to MENARDS to protect themselves from tools and fools. All you need to do is take it to the repair center and the manufactures warranty will cover THE REPAIRS AS LONG AS YOU THE CONSUMER DID NOT CAUSE THE ISSUE. This return policy is LISTED ALL OVER THE AREA BY THE SNOW BLOWERS/THROWERS AND ON YOUR RECEIPT. As the consumer it's your responsibility to become aware of any return policies before you make a decision to purchase an ITEM! If you plan to make an expensive purchase YOU SHOULD ALWAYS EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE HAND! Not blame the company you purchased it from after the fact! AS FAR AS THIS PERSONS COMPLAINT GOES TALK ABOUT A JOKE. ONLY A FOOL WOULD PURCHASE A SNOWBLOWER PUT GAS IN IT AND LET IT SIT. And if YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT AT LEAST PUT in AN ETHONAL TREATMENT.................. I bet you don't even know what that is...... AGAIN EDUCATE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU MAKE A MAJOR PURCHASE.

1 0 Reply
the real heartless

Feb 07 Mesa, Arizona

So you think I flip flop? well I am in charge of complete guest relations in the mid west. After meeting with Mr Menard we have changed our return policy, now guests can get a 50% refund no questions asked! When you enter any Menards store just ask for the store manager, and have the barcode 114-4114 ready, then the process is in motion. I am sorry that Menards offers foreign made engines, but we cannot warranty products made in another country. That is why you save big money at menards.

Feb 06 Anderson, Indiana

Welcome to the bend over your at menards club! Obviously, service is non-existent at menards. Maybe this heartless person can help you? I see where he flip flops on this site and seems to care about menards customers. Your on your own now, except they got your money! Shop at Lowes or Home Depot, they do offer excellent customer service.

Ms. Chew

Feb 05 Cicero, Illinois

Purchased a Snow Devil on 12/30/2013 from Menard's. Put it together on 12/31/2013. Attempted to use it 01/01/2014. Wheels would not work properly. Menard's wouldn't take it back because I added gas to it. How would you know it's not working until use is attempted? Took it to service center. Received it back after 3 weeks. Attempted use again. After going forward a couple times, the wheels locked. Returned it to service center who confirms that this brand is substandard. Here we are in February and I still don't have my snow thrower. Customer service won't return my calls. Brand new product that hasn't had 5 minutes of use!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Menards.
Filing a new complaint about
×