Menards - Countertops are wrong

571 of 1125 Menards Reviews

I must first say I was an associate civil designer for 11` years, befor retiring.I am 67 years old and have had 11 back surgeries!

It is difficult for me to say the least to get construction or remodeling work done! I went to Menards and ordered two countertops for my kitchen. I sent the right measurements in! The countertops were cut one 1/4" too short and the other 1/4' too long.

I went to Menards and was told "if we made a mistake we will fix it!" HOW?The countertops are in place and I am left to live with their mistake.

123ab1d0 review #289967
18 5 Helpful?
Had the same issue4 Comments10
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review about this company
571 of 1125 Menards Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Nightrider

Jan 15, 2013 Council Bluffs, Iowa

I just placed an order for quartz countertop at Menards in Council Bluffs, Iowa. The guy sat down with us and we gave him the measurments, we picked out our sink and faucet, stove top ext. anyways he told us that before they do any cutting the company will send us as many templates to lay over the cabinets as we needed to make sure the measurments were right.

K

Sep 11, 2012

I ordered countertops from Menards and they cut them wrong 4 times. We called to complain and they said we needed to put it in writing. We received a response letter from the company (Midwest Manufacturing)that they hired to cut them, telling us that it was our fault. The miters (not sure how to spell) were not even lined up! We paid extra to have a template done before they were cut. One piece was 3 feet longer than we put on the template, other pieces were also wrong sizes 3 times! Still fighting with them! Had to spend alot of money on the contractor to keep coming to our house! Ours were not installed and we are still getting screwed!

1 0 Reply
MZS

Aug 15, 2012

We are getting quartz counter tops delivered in a few days. We will double check all measurements on the pieces before we even move them. And take photos of any damage before we move them. To the original poster - you should contact the owner of Menards.

Corrij05

Feb 24, 2012

Once the item has been installed, it's your problem. They aren't responsible for the item once it has been installed or altered. If you knew they were wrong, why didn't you say something to them before installing them? They would have gladly replaced them.

0 1 Reply
Worried

Feb 12 Rolla, Missouri

I am on my second round of templates. Been to Menards two times and neither time did the countertop sales person understand anything about measurements or templates. I am getting worried about even approving the template and finalizing the delivery. I have paid for them weeks and weeks ago. Several people have now since told me not to buy my counter tops from Menards. Ugh, I wish I would have known earlier.

dumbass

Feb 13, 2012

WTF? Come on people! Doesn't anyone have any personal responsibility anymore? Don't install countertops that are the incorrect size. I cannot understand how getting construction work done would be any more difficult for you than it is for anyone else.
The one thing I know is to not only check measurements at least twice but to check any paperwork relating to special order materials at least twice also.

0 1 Reply
neo tom paine

Feb 05, 2012

guess menards doesn't belive in measuring twice and cutting once, same old corporate apathy.javascript:ac_smilie(':eek')javascript:ac_smilie(':sigh')

???

Jan 20, 2012 Awka, Anambra

When you have a project involving something as important as the work surface for you kitchen one would think you would have checked the measurements of the new countertops before you tore the old ones off. It sounds like they will re-order the tops for you, It's not their fault you installed tops that were the wrong size.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.