Menards - bought a brand new snowblower

133 of 1061 Menards Reviews

my boyfriend bought a brand new snowblower, and the cashier was rude, first of all.got it home set it up followed all instructions but it didnt work.

was told because even though we just bought it, we put gas in it so we cannot return it, we have to pay MORE money to get it repaired! I will never go to Menards again! my boyfriend who bought it asked how he was supposed to find out if it worked or not if he had to put gas in it to find out and they said 'not my problem'.

BOO!to Menards

c3a99e8 review #473047
7 Helpful? 3
Had the same issue0 Comments14 Report
133 of 1061 Menards Reviews
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review about this company
Bad  Groceries

Feb 08

use natural gas, hook a hose to your carburator and to your rear end, make sure to eat plenty of beans night before, and get to tootin

Feb 05 Anderson, Indiana

your right anonymous, menards has the worst products, customer service and complete incompetent management. Stay away from menards, shop where service is # 1, either Lowes, Home Depot or sears. stay away from the stupidity.

Feb 05 Minneapolis, Minnesota

My Name is Paul Miller and I live in Minneapolis! I won't hide like the Menards! I purchase a brand new snow blower / Never used it and was told because I added gas they won't take it back.... how else to test something that require qas without adding gas. Took it to the "small engine" repair shop and they had at least 15 others just like the one I purchased who also added gas (joke on the customer for not doing the homeone on this product). I have spend thousands of $$ on my property and my rental properties at Menards. Never again.... Home Depot and Lowes will match Menards prices and that is where I will shop if I DON'T GET MY MONEY BACK!

Feb 03 Anderson, Indiana

Well we all see the real *** is back in full force, let me say I quit shopping menards simply because of poor customer service, or better yet NO customer service. One day people will learn not to shop at menards, when enough people are treated like this clueless, I'm sorry I mean heartless, character speaks. Menard store in anderson Indiana, in my opinion, has the most incompetent store manager I have ever met. I think his name is heartless too. Well, don't try to contact the upper administration at menards, it's impossible. live and learn, shop at Home Depot or lowes. Sears has some snow blowers too, and they have a great service department.

The Real Heartless

Feb 04 Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Home Depot, Lowes or Sears..... Hmm someone should take a look at all the complaints about them too. The same tools and fools shop at those stores as well and make complaints about stuff they cannot comprehend because they have never worked retail.....
You tools are foolish, I can promise if you were selling lets say a car then they totally jacked up that car and came back to you demanding a refund what would you do? Menards has every right to protect themselves from ID0ITS.

Feb 06

Well if you are selling a car and you know the Engine is bad and you sale it to a person on limited funds and don't know it you are wrong. Stand by the product you sale to the next person and if you know your product (car) looks good but isn't standard, take it to the junk yard and don't sale it

The REAL really Heartless

Mar 17 Green Bay, Wisconsin

Ya, if I sell you a brand spanking new car, and you put GAS in it, then it's no longer my fault no matter what. Why you say? Because I put a sign in the trunk that says it plain as day, "If you put gas in this here car it's your fault, period." So any problem what so ever and you gotta take it to someone else to pay to get it fixed. SO.....read my signs you dummies.

The Real Heartless

Jan 30 Eau Claire, Wisconsin

That guy below me is an imposter and a straight up tool. Anonymous said it perfectly. It's also stated on your receipt. The reason this policy is in place is because people are totally clueless about gas powered equipment and jack it up. This policy is a manufactures recommendation for Menards. Menards employees are not qualified to tell it was a consumer caused issue or a manufacture defect. If you did not cause the issues more than likely it will be covered under the manufacture warranty. Menards and the manufacturers HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM IGNORANT FOOLS.

Ms. Chew

Feb 05 Cicero, Illinois

It's interesting that you have time to comment on any negative review against Menards. EVERY CONSUMER HAS A RIGHT TO STATE THEIR EXPERIENCE. Hopefully, Menards is treating you better than they treat unhappy consumers. Obviously, you are getting paid top dollar to defend them. Have an awesome life!

Feb 06 Anderson, Indiana

I see you have had enough of this clueless, I mean heartless character! Good for you! I'm sure he is paid by menards to take time and voice an opinion, which by reading the remarks he has no regard for menards customers. I know by experience menards treats the customer with disdain, I have been treated this way at the Anderson store. Keith Clevenger should not be in the position he is in! When a product is defective the store manager should go out of his way to please that customer. Obviously clueless, whom by the way I picture as Keith Clevenger, has been abused as a child and is just reacting to authority by venting on this site. Shop at Lowes or Home Depot!

Heartless

Jan 29 Yorba Linda, California

SORRY, Our new technical manual for customer relations has been scheduled for late Jan. But right now the manager at the battle creek store has been notified, by me to make this problem go away. I know the store manager personally, we have been on the phone about this problem and he is aware of the situation. We don't usually accept returns, but we will make an exception for this. we are sorry you had problems with this item and you will be compensated for your trouble, call me at ***_***_**** and I will see to it things work out.

Jan 28

Why are you saying you have to pay more money to get it repaired? The only way it wouldn't be repaired under warranty is if you failed to put oil in it or used old gas. The policy of taking gas powered products to a service center is clearly posted in the store. You had the choice of accepting this policy to save a few dollars or go to a higher priced servicing dealer who would have put oil and gas in the snowblower and started it before you left the store to show you it worked. You chose the lower price so don't complain when you have to accept the consequences.

Feb 06

Guess what this policy must be at the Service center because lots of times when a person purchase one itema and the amount they are being charged is correct they don't immediately look at the receipt where the Policy is printed. I myself did not see this crazy policy until it was too late and I had an issue with their sub-STANDARD product. They should stand by the products they sale and not pass on sub-standard products to their customers.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.