Beware of rebates at Menards - it's a scam

702 of 1489 Menards Reviews

I recently moved to the twin cities.I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

1282282f review #241353
208 55 Helpful?
Had the same issue38 Comments61
Had an experience with Menards?  Submit review about this company
702 of 1489 Menards Reviews
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
Nomore Menard

Apr 06 #968609 Dayton, Ohio

its the biggest scam going,I just filled out my last rebate. I'll give it to someone else when its gets here,I’m done with them.

Apr 06 #968625

If you feel the rebates are such a scam why did you shop there and even bother sending in the rebate?

nananabooboo

Mar 24 #962765 Woodstock, Illinois

pretty sure you did that wrong guy.. havent missed ONE rebate from them after dropping the rebate form and envelope at the same PO box.

toenail

Mar 15 #958969

If you call and complain or raise a stink at cooperate they will ban you permanently from the stores. NEVER call the head offices

jt

Jan 08 #928043

1. First, Menard's may choose to call them rebates, the the truth is that you don't get a rebate, all you get is an "In-Store-Credit" from which Menard's makes profits again. And make no mistake about it, they are in business to make a profit.
2. We've sent in for the so called Menard's rebates for several years, but we've never had a total that was more than $10 to $12 dollars until now.
3. When we didn't get our rebate of over $50 we went out on line and then contacted their "Guest Services at Rebates International.
4. For those who are not aware, Rebates International is a part of the Menard's organization.
5. We did the thing, jumping through the hoops and were told that the check had been sent out on a specific date during the previous month and because it was the Holiday season we allowed extra time for the delivery.
6. For those who are not aware or don't know, you can also check the status of your rebate by going to 'Track By Guest' and see all of the rebates you have received in the past year. 7. In our case, we found there was no check issued for the "Rebate Number", for the amount, and most importantly, there was no check even issued in the month as stated in an email from Rebates International. 8. We are currently waiting for our check to actually be sent to us having notified them and Menard's corporate management of what we perceive as possible FRAUD. Assuming the see the light and correct these things, we will be satisfied by no longer
... Show more

PioneerElectric

Nov 10, 2014 #898035 West Lafayette, Indiana

I am an electrical contractor and thanks to Menards rebates that is how I keep my truck tooled. And sometimes I get so many of them I use them for my lesser fortunate customers so they pay very little if nothing for material. I get ALL mine back always and have for years now. You should have went to your local Menards and talked to them about it. I always make a copy of what I send in just in case there is ever an issue (no so far to this date). That way if there is Menards will most certainly correct it!!! Sounds like to me you did not follow the rebate procedure properly? I get every rebate back I have ever sent in...

2 1 Reply

Nov 10, 2014 #897888 Terre Haute, Indiana

We do their rebates all the time and have NEVER not gotten ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tootsie

Nov 08, 2014 #897160 Anaheim, California

My husband always use the Menards rebates and we have never failed to receive our rebate credits. We just received $57 in rebate credits for building on our deck. I have never had any issues in receiving the rebates.

2 0 Reply

Jun 26, 2014 #832235 Dayton, Ohio

Worst service I've ever had. Sales people were friendly and all smiles.
I got 4 free oil changes with purchase. Right, try to get them done. As soon as the 2 service writers find out it's free all of a sudden it's a 2 1/2 hr. Wait. The female writer gave my daughter and I dirty looks because I complained.
Called to talk to jeff scmitt to complain never returned my phone call. Serra chev never treated me like this.

0 1 Reply

Jun 28, 2014 #833405

Are you sure you know where you where at? Menards does not do oil changes, that might be your problem.....

6 0 Reply
sharp stick

Jan 08, 2014 #770211

buy at home depot or lowes,it is 11%cheaper,then the scam going on at menards.

1 0 Reply

Dec 14, 2013 #758218

Lots of DUMB A people complaining. KEEP A COPY OF YOUR REBATE FORMS AND COMPARE TO WHAT YOU GET. 2 of my rebates were never processed but I kept a copy and after waiting the 6 weeks I sent in my proof and they took care of it. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T ASK FOR MORE REBATES AT YOUR ADDRESS, if the limit is 2 don't expect a rebate on 4. DONT BE AN A and if you have a copy of your receipt and don't get your rebate you should be able to contact rebateinternational with proof. :p :cry :(

2 3 Reply

Dec 06, 2013 #753719

I have had tremendous success with their rebate system here in Ohio. I actually had $1100 to use toward a new refrigerator. They had the best price on the model I was looking for AND it only cost me about $200! Including the extra warranty.

In my experience if you talk to someone in the store, they will help you get the right info to fix the issue OR fix it themselves.

Sorry about your experience tho

jedkiller

Aug 03, 2013 #692708 Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Lost in the mail? Thousands of rebates get sent every day so a few a bound to get lost.

MTG

Jul 26, 2013 #687979 Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin

I had an issue with the 11% rebate and contacted Menards and their Rebate center and all was corrected and verified and I did receive the rebates. This was on purchases of over $3,000.

Jul 25, 2013 #687031 El Centro, California

There seems to be quite a bit of misunderstanding regarding the sales tax on rebates. Yes you pay tax on the initial purchase price but if you pay equally close attention at the time of redemption, sales tax is only paid on the total less the merchandise credit! Hence there is no scam to steal extra money from you. Check your receipts...it's true :)

Also, Rebate International is a clearinghouse for rebates. There is no contact for them in Eau Claire, WI. The person who told you this was mistaken. All correspondence with Rebate International goes through their service department in Elk Mound, WI. This is the same place you are sending your rebates. If you email them a copy of your receipt and explain the problem they willfully correct any issues. I have followed up on rebates for numerous guests. Though the correspondence takes about a week, they always do right by the customer...if receipts are provided.

Good Luck

Average Joe

Jul 25, 2013 #686984 Davenport, Iowa

Just received my second rebate over the past 12 months and was shorted again. Tried to check it online but they have no record of it....even though I just got the rebate card (short as it was). I don't always reconcile the rebate with the original paperwork but the last 2 times I checked it has been short....way short. I have found if you send in one or two items it processess just fine. But, buy 5 or more and send them in and the rebates get shorted. Probably betting most people wont remember all that they bought or wont check and wont bother with the smaller discrepancies.

1 0 Reply
al

Aug 13, 2013 #699091 Euless, Texas

Early on... 15 years ago.... menards rebate processing was terrible... many times I never received them.
In the last 10 years I have NEVER had a problem... they have all arrived and all been for the amount I expected. I send in a lot of them... many times 15 per submission per envelope.
It isn't a scam. I think there is some operator error on your part.
If you received the rebate merchandise check... it is in the online system... you just typed something wrong and were not able to find it for that reason. When I am expecting a large one I still hold my breath until it arrives... because they are on post cards which anyone in the mail stream can see... the value too... and we have had multiple sealed envelopes stolen in the past from the US mail inside the Sheboygan, WI post office... I wish menards would put these in an envelope.

2 1 Reply

Jul 21, 2013 #684878 Springfield, Illinois

We moved and have been very patient and still no receipt of several rebates since April 2013 even with help of management. I suggest Lowes in the future. Too much dissatisfaction for $100.00. It is a scam!

1 2 Reply
Indyeric

Jun 14, 2013 #664517 Indianapolis, Indiana

I have been using Menard's rebates for years, and have never had a problem. I learned a little trick though, if you use your rebates on merchandise vs. food items in a state that does not charge tax on food you will lose the tax value that is given when used on merchandise. In Indiana that is a 7% loss. So don't use your rebates on food items.

1-20 of 61 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Menards.
Filing a new complaint about
×