Beware of rebates at Menards - it's a scam

956 of 1386 Menards Reviews

I recently moved to the twin cities.I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 59 Yes 59
956 of 1386 Menards Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 31 #1136935

I have never had a problem with rebates from Menards. You have to make a copy of the rebate & receipt as it says in the instructions. I've been shopping in my home town at Menards for over 15 years. Also, as others have said, the flyer comes out in advance of the sale so you have to READ the effective dates. In regards to returning products, I've brought many items back to them in the past and never had a problem returning them. They either give you store credit if you don't have the have the receipt or put the credit back on your Menards Card or charge card. You just have to follow the rules and be firm but yet polite.

Mar 17 #1129133

I been scammed from Menard's Rebates as well! I contacted the rebate company 3 times about the same Rebates. They would tell me the same thing every time, "The checks were mailed , not cashed, they will reissue. It's been a year. Still no Rebates! I've been scammed out of $80!

Mar 09 #1124731

And we received someone else's rebate thinking it was ours because we were expecting one, used it at menards and we ended up with investigators at our front door accusing my husband for stealing even though he endorsed it with his name which would clearly indicate he wasn't aware. It was an honest mistake that he ended up having to go to the station and get interrogated over $42. We too are done with Menard's.

Feb 18 #1114180

We have been shopping and getting rebates from Menards for years and years......we've NEVER had an issue. I know from other manfacturer rebates, that when you don't receive the rebates, it caused by the person filling in the forms making a mistake, or sending in after the time limit. Too bad you had a problem.....we save A LOT of money with their sales and rebates!

Feb 18 #1114151

This happened to me. You must submit each rebate separately in different envelopes. I think they just open it up and process the first one they see.

0 1 Reply

Feb 09 #1108783

Spent $450 at Menards for a vanity top. Thought the 11% rebate was a good deal so what the heck I decided to go for it. After
waiting for about six weeks it finally came in. What was supposed to be an in store credit voucher for $49.50 turned out to be in the amount of $1.17. Yep, that's what I said, a measly $1.17. So will I continue shopping at Menards? You bet. I like the store. If I need it,they probably got it or can get it. But as for their rebate offers, forget it, they can just keep it.

Dec 06, 2015 #1074735

Never have had any problem with promised rebates. They have always come through with what is promised. You might have been dealing with a mfg. rebate & not Menards.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068493

I just had the same thing happen to me. We purchased $1,000 in new flooring and I should of received a $110 from the 11% rebate and never received it and there is no record. This is not the only issue I have had with them. We bought 6 gallons of exterior paint and all paint was bad. After lugging it all back and driving there to get all new. oh and waiting in line. My Saturday day of exterior painting was shot because I sent 4 hours at Menards fussing with bad paint. Oh and I only like 1/4 mile from the store. Unbelievable

2 2 Reply

Nov 26, 2015 #1070054

Menards does not make the paint. You should probably be posting that complaint on someone elses page.

2 1 Reply

Nov 15, 2015 #1064318

If you followed the procedures you made copies for your records. It appears you checked the status of your rebate on Menards.com. You don't mention that you contacted rebates international at the e-mail listed on the rebate form. If you did, what was their response? Did you re-submit the rebate?

Nov 15, 2015 #1064170

Really? If all of the people posting about losing rebates are legit...seems to me if Menards was acamming customers, this promotion would not be offered as much as it is because someone authorized to do so would stop it. And yes, their competitors are closing stores while Menards is opening stores. So sorry you have to 'work' to save money. Nothing is free.

1 1 Reply

Nov 15, 2015 #1064129

I Owen a roofing company & we get most of are materials at Menards. We have got over $18,000 back last year. I don't think there's a scam,if there was a rebate submitted you can go online and track your rebates if it's not online means it got list in the Mail or A mix up on your behalf.
We don't shop at Lowes because they bid against local contractors , then sub it out.

1 1 Reply
Peod

Nov 05, 2015 #1059069 Newton, Kansas

Just got back from Menards. I think it is misspelled (Retards). They advertise 11% rebate. After I paid at the ck out and inquiring at front desk they say oh not today but ck back tomorrow. Bull **00(*(. I will never go back again and will tell anyone its a scam to get you in the store. Atliest Lowes and Home Depot are true about their advertising. I always knew a rebate is just that and not a *** coupon you have to spend at the same store even if you do happen to be their the day they grant you one on the day of two daylight double moons.

2 3 Reply

Nov 16, 2015 #1064438

Where did you see this advertised? If you happened to get a flyer, did you read the end and start date? Yes, retailers advertise UPCOMING sales or promotIons. So, recheck where you saw this, maybe you are the retard who can't read.

1 2 Reply

Oct 27, 2015 #1054423

You will never have to experience this at Lowes .

1 2 Reply

Oct 31, 2015 #1056698

No. But went to get 36 privacy fence panels at lowes , and was informed that it would be at least a 45 min Wait because the forklift driver was on lunch.!! Who gets a 45 min lunch, and why can only one employee drive a *** forklift? Went to menards instead. Plenty of forklifts to load panels.

2 0 Reply

Oct 22, 2015 #1052473

Grow up.

Donna

Sep 14, 2015 #1033392 Mishawaka, Indiana

I don't like store rebates. I don't feel I have saved anything. I have to keep everything together and fill out things and put stamps on them and hope I get it in the mail.

Sep 12, 2015 #1033144

The same thing happened to me. I had multiple rebates coming to me...$26, $22, $14....I found that any rebates UNDER $5 I received. They are totally a scam. You're better off going to Lowes or Home Depot where at least there are no gimmicks.

2 2 Reply

Sep 06, 2015 #1030652

I have never had a problem, sounds like you have a problem reading addresses.

2 3 Reply

1-20 of 97 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.