Beware of rebates at Menards - it's a scam

789 of 1219 Menards Reviews

I recently moved to the twin cities.I purchased several items at Menards and was aware of the rebates for in-store credit.

I purchased three items with a $15 rebate each and 1 item with a $2.00 rebate. I was looking forward to $47 in store credit. I followed the rebate submittal procedures and had to submit the rebates to two separate P.O. boxes.

Eight weeks later, guess which rebate I received......the $2.00 rebate! I checked the status of the $45 rebate on line, and there was no record of the rebate. Image that. Menards states in their jingle, "save big money at Menards" Just don't expect rebates.

What a scam. They just lost a customer.

I will do my home improvement shopping at Home Depot or Lowes.Whenever I hear the jingle I now sing "get scammed out of rebates at Menards".

More Review Details

Had the same issue 54 Yes 54
789 of 1219 Menards Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Dolly

1 day ago #1027679 Minneapolis, Minnesota

Always get our rebates - Keep copies if there are problems but never had a problem.

Aug 04 #1015694

i asked several times if the rebates expired as i was saving them to get a good sized refund,, guess what they do expire and they do not give a flip

Aug 05 #1016235

They absolutely DO NOT expire! Get your facts straight!

Jul 20 #1009836

Every time i have a small rebate i get it back with in 3 weeks but when a large one submitted guess what it gets lost some how i gave up last year when this happened and i got no response so now this year i tried another large rebate well guess what its now gone and again no help from co.

Jul 13 #1007181

If you photo copy your receipt and rebate slip and resubmit it, they will take care of it.

Jul 30 #1013954

How can you resubmit the rebate receipt by making a copy of it? You have to send it in and they say no photocopies.

Jun 25 #999571

I have always received the Menards rebates. Over $1400 total last year, looks like more this year. Still I always take a picture of the rebate receipts before I send in.

Nomore Menard

Apr 06 #968609 Dayton, Ohio

its the biggest scam going,I just filled out my last rebate. I'll give it to someone else when its gets here,I’m done with them.

Apr 06 #968625

If you feel the rebates are such a scam why did you shop there and even bother sending in the rebate?

nananabooboo

Mar 24 #962765 Woodstock, Illinois

pretty sure you did that wrong guy.. havent missed ONE rebate from them after dropping the rebate form and envelope at the same PO box.

toenail

Mar 15 #958969

If you call and complain or raise a stink at cooperate they will ban you permanently from the stores. NEVER call the head offices

jt

Jan 08 #928043

1. First, Menard's may choose to call them rebates, the the truth is that you don't get a rebate, all you get is an "In-Store-Credit" from which Menard's makes profits again. And make no mistake about it, they are in business to make a profit.
2. We've sent in for the so called Menard's rebates for several years, but we've never had a total that was more than $10 to $12 dollars until now.
3. When we didn't get our rebate of over $50 we went out on line and then contacted their "Guest Services at Rebates International.
4. For those who are not aware, Rebates International is a part of the Menard's organization.
5. We did the thing, jumping through the hoops and were told that the check had been sent out on a specific date during the previous month and because it was the Holiday season we allowed extra time for the delivery.
6. For those who are not aware or don't know, you can also check the status of your rebate by going to 'Track By Guest' and see all of the rebates you have received in the past year. 7. In our case, we found there was no check issued for the "Rebate Number", for the amount, and most importantly, there was no check even issued in the month as stated in an email from Rebates International. 8. We are currently waiting for our check to actually be sent to us having notified them and Menard's corporate management of what we perceive as possible FRAUD. Assuming the see the light and correct these things, we will be satisfied by no longer
... Show more

PioneerElectric

Nov 10, 2014 #898035 West Lafayette, Indiana

I am an electrical contractor and thanks to Menards rebates that is how I keep my truck tooled. And sometimes I get so many of them I use them for my lesser fortunate customers so they pay very little if nothing for material. I get ALL mine back always and have for years now. You should have went to your local Menards and talked to them about it. I always make a copy of what I send in just in case there is ever an issue (no so far to this date). That way if there is Menards will most certainly correct it!!! Sounds like to me you did not follow the rebate procedure properly? I get every rebate back I have ever sent in...

4 1 Reply

Nov 10, 2014 #897888 Terre Haute, Indiana

We do their rebates all the time and have NEVER not gotten ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 1 Reply

Aug 05 #1016241

You are doing SOMETHING wrong then!!!!

tootsie

Nov 08, 2014 #897160 Anaheim, California

My husband always use the Menards rebates and we have never failed to receive our rebate credits. We just received $57 in rebate credits for building on our deck. I have never had any issues in receiving the rebates.

2 0 Reply

Jun 26, 2014 #832235 Dayton, Ohio

Worst service I've ever had. Sales people were friendly and all smiles.
I got 4 free oil changes with purchase. Right, try to get them done. As soon as the 2 service writers find out it's free all of a sudden it's a 2 1/2 hr. Wait. The female writer gave my daughter and I dirty looks because I complained.
Called to talk to jeff scmitt to complain never returned my phone call. Serra chev never treated me like this.

0 1 Reply

Jun 28, 2014 #833405

Are you sure you know where you where at? Menards does not do oil changes, that might be your problem.....

8 0 Reply
sharp stick

Jan 08, 2014 #770211

buy at home depot or lowes,it is 11%cheaper,then the scam going on at menards.

Dec 14, 2013 #758218

Lots of DUMB A people complaining. KEEP A COPY OF YOUR REBATE FORMS AND COMPARE TO WHAT YOU GET. 2 of my rebates were never processed but I kept a copy and after waiting the 6 weeks I sent in my proof and they took care of it. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T ASK FOR MORE REBATES AT YOUR ADDRESS, if the limit is 2 don't expect a rebate on 4. DONT BE AN A and if you have a copy of your receipt and don't get your rebate you should be able to contact rebateinternational with proof. :p :cry :(

3 4 Reply

1-20 of 72 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Menards. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Menards.
Filing a new complaint about