The reason of my message is regarding the bad customer service I received on behalf Menards in Schaumburg, IL.On 12/14 I got a snow blower (from store display)with my Menards Credit Card; on 12/16 attempted to use it for the 1st time and as soon as I turned it on, it turned off; it wouldn't work again.
I was told by an employee that I could return it if something goes wrong with it, that we have 90 days to return it. Well, we did and were told by the store manager that since we already put gas on it and try it (Duh!) they can't take it back or return my money. Now I have to drive far to take this bulky useless machine to get fixed. IF they decide that is not a manufacturer issue, we have to pay to get it fixed; that's extra money that me as a customer don't want to pay for something that wasn't even on for longer than minute.
The machine was a display one and I'm concerned that someone could've put something on it while on display and that the equipment's warranty won't covered. I read you return policy and they're unfair to the customer. How would I know if the machine works if I don't try it first??? I'm very upset and disappointed with the "resolution" of my complaint at the store.
Is unfair me spending money in the machine, the driving far from house to get this checked, when the store should be accountable, responsible for it. I don't want it fixed: I want my money back or a new model that isn't broken.
Besides, I'm concerned that if I get a new one, I will have the same issue as now.Please, take in consideration my situation because I deserve being treated with the respect I deserve.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I had a roofer, who was highly recommended by Menards(against store policy) not tarp my exposed roof when 2.8 inches of rain entered. Damages were extensive throughout the house.$83,000,..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "I received a "guarantee card" for an iPad mini in the store from an employee who had an entire cart full of iPads. I asked her if I could have..."
- "Never heard anything. Never received any genie bras or refunds. Gave up. Live & learn. ..."
- "This steak and shake is always slow I dread going to get food there. Not one time have I not been in the drive through for about 10 mins+. It..."
- "These AVI machines always eat my money and the food is disgusting. Just the other day one of my co-workers got a roast beef sandwich out of the rotating..."
- "It's one of the worst of its kind. You join for friendship and chat and quickly realize you just walked back into time when you learned all about the..."
- "I bought an air matress from family dollar went to take it back today they had the nerve to tell me had have to come back tomorrow when the store..."
- "Dear Fellow PCers. During my time at WFG, I saw this company heavily prey on and exploit recent immigrants from developing countries. Their victims are often relatively uneducated people who..."